PDA

View Full Version : 845 on my black vinyl trim. Help!

goodpenguin
04-22-2015, 02:12 PM
I waxed my brand new bmw with collinite 845 last week. I applied it everywhere and it looked great but now my vinyl trim has that white wax haze. Did I screw up? What should I do to remove it?

Thanks guys.

goodpenguin
04-22-2015, 04:31 PM
This is just a vinyl texture thing isn't it. The trim isn't smooth and thus harder to buff it all out. I hope.

Riff
04-22-2015, 04:42 PM
I didn't think 845 stained trim. Maybe if you wipe it off quick it won't stain and if you let it haze it'll stain.

Either way, try an eraser. It worked for my trim.

3397533976 33974

glfnaz
04-22-2015, 04:58 PM
I've never had a problem with 845 staining or putting a haze on trim.

Ebg18t
04-22-2015, 06:28 PM
Take some APC on a towel and see if the white stains comes off.

goodpenguin
04-22-2015, 08:36 PM
Thanks guys. I'll try a eraser and if that doesn't work I'll try an apc. Should I be waxing my trim? It looked really good before it hazed and there is a lot of trim to wax around.

Setec Astronomy
04-22-2015, 09:03 PM
It looked really good before it hazed and there is a lot of trim to wax around.

As others have said I have never really had 845 stain trim, in fact I usually put it on the trim on purpose, but you have to wipe it off. Sounds like you probably put too much on to start with.

goodpenguin
04-22-2015, 09:12 PM
As others have said I have never really had 845 stain trim, in fact I usually put it on the trim on purpose, but you have to wipe it off. Sounds like you probably put too much on to start with.

I probably did. I'll clean it up and go easy and fast next time.

spazzz
04-22-2015, 09:33 PM
I did my sisters Outback this weekend with 845 on everything.
I let it sit on the paint while I did the trim. Massage it on and wipe off, flip rag and buff good with long nap.
It will create static and attract dust if you drive right after. I just did a no rinse on the trim the next morning and all was good

Same as this stock photo..lots of cladding

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q781/spazzz11/so_zpsycjzsdnv.jpg

Eandras
04-22-2015, 09:37 PM
The best way to remove the wax is to use APC full strength with a brush. Spray the APC and agitate. Repeat until gone. Taping off the trim next time will alleviate the problem.

goodpenguin
04-22-2015, 09:48 PM
I did my sisters Outback this weekend with 845 on everything.
I let it sit on the paint while I did the trim. Massage it on and wipe off, flip rag and buff good with long nap.
It will create static and attract dust if you drive right after. I just did a no rinse on the trim the next morning and all was good

Same as this stock photo..lots of cladding

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q781/spazzz11/so_zpsycjzsdnv.jpg

I got shocked a couple of times. Lol. Gotta keep yourself grounded.

Desertnate
04-23-2015, 09:13 AM
The best way to remove the wax is to use APC full strength with a brush. Spray the APC and agitate. Repeat until gone.

This.

I've had 845 stain both black pebble textured trim and black rubber window seals. It comes off pretty easy on the smooth rubber, but the textured trim is really difficult.

I have several dilutions of APC and always keep my highest concentration and an old toothbrush handy to correct these kinds of spots.

goodpenguin
04-23-2015, 01:15 PM
This.

I've had 845 stain both black pebble textured trim and black rubber window seals. It comes off pretty easy on the smooth rubber, but the textured trim is really difficult.

I have several dilutions of APC and always keep my highest concentration and an old toothbrush handy to correct these kinds of spots.

What apc do you suggest?

goodpenguin
04-23-2015, 02:24 PM
I tried some concentrated simple green I had laying around and the haze wiped right off. Whew! I was nervous for a while there. Is simple green safe on the vinyl? It worked great and the trim looks brand new. I'm not in for any more surprises am I?