PDA

View Full Version : Langka paint chip repair

Truls
09-01-2007, 05:33 PM
Anyone tryed out this one? got it in the basket now, and would be great if someone got any info on this one,

And AG, please get the Meguiars gritpaper in the line up, those costs a forune here in Norway.....

Gary Sword
09-01-2007, 07:43 PM
Never tried it Truls.

Truls
09-01-2007, 07:49 PM
Well the order is sent, so ill try it out myself...

Not much chips on your car i guess Gary, its so low that the chips fly over it..he he

da1nonlychino
09-01-2007, 08:37 PM
Keep us posted on it. i was thinking about buying the kit too

alban61
09-02-2007, 07:29 AM
Sorry Truls! Just noticed your thread.
I did a small review on Langka back in Sep '06. I was pleased with the results. That was my first try. It worked better on the lower panel that I had chips on. It looked perfect. I had another scratch/dent on the panel above the rear wheel and it covered it up pretty well, except that the dent of course is still there. Few chips on the hood worked good, but recently I've noticed the repaired chips look a little lighter than the rest of the paint (I have metallic paint). It's always kinda difficult to blend metallic touch-ups. Here's the link.......sorry, but the before pictures in the first post were deleted. They showed the yellow paint spatter, and the AFTER pics which had several chips, but no more yellow road paint.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/detailing-forum/1929-langka-blob-eliminator.html

Truls
09-02-2007, 08:37 AM
Thanks Alban, im looking forward to try it out myself, looks like you got a great result in the pics

Nica
09-02-2007, 03:02 PM
I have a kit that is similar to Langka kit well at least that's what I'm thinking I have a friend that owns his own body shop and gave me a three stage kit but the bottles he gave me have no name just #1, #2 and #3...well I have a feeling it's the Langka kit but don't know. Anywho, I'm pleased with it and it works great. When I run out, which will be shortly I'm thinking of ordering the Langka kit.

Well sure you won't be disapointed with it Truls and let us know what your thoughts are on it.

Thejoyofdriving
09-03-2007, 12:23 AM
I have it, it works ok. What happends to me is the blob eliminator wears the paint away past the level of the surrounding paint. But its better than sanding trough my clear coat!