PDA

View Full Version : Foam cannon soap thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

MshawnBauer
04-19-2015, 10:51 PM
Is there one? One that has product reviews, comparisons, ect? I'm on the fence about whether or not to jump on the foam cannon method (any thoughts on that would be great also, lol) I'm just reading so much info, my head is spinning. Some new, some old, I just am hoping for a thread full recent foam cannon soap thoughts and reviews a little more concentrated on the soap verses the cannon. Thanks in advance!!

VISITOR
04-19-2015, 11:01 PM
you're going to get many different answers on which soap people like in the foam cannon and which is best, etc, etc,...

if you want a great no frills no thrills soap that works well for maintenance washes, has no gloss enhancers, and works well in the foam gun/cannon/bucket than the 3D Pink Car Soap would be a good choice. not to mention it's inexpensive (smells like bubble gum too :) )...

3D Pink Car Soap 128 oz. (http://www.autogeek.net/3d-pink-car-soap-refill.html)

MshawnBauer
04-20-2015, 05:39 AM
Thanks! Are you a regular washer with foam/foam cannon? What are your thoughts on that process compared to a 2 bucket method on ONR? Btw, Great user name and profile pic! Lol

CaveRacing
04-20-2015, 07:30 AM
I use a foam cannon with a cold water electric pressure washer. I've been doing it for a couple of years. I really like it.

Is it any better than the 2 bucket method? Nah, I don't think so. It takes more time, but it does add entertainment value. A buddy of mine and I started at the same time. He uses his cannon for EVERY wash. I use mine for almost every way... I'd stay 75% of the time.

I still actually do the 2 bucket method, though. Here's my process:

Rinse with the PW
Foam with the cannon
Wash with whatever media (either the Griot's wash pad or the Griot's boars hair brush) using the two bucket method
Rinse as I go, and then a final rinse without the pressure washer

As for soap, I've been using Chemical Guys Mr Pink. My buddy uses Chemical Guys Honeydew Snow Foam. They're both good, but I tend to lean towards the Mr. Pink. I find that it rinses a little easier and foams just as well.

I'm interested to see what others say, too. I'm always up for trying new products!

d33p
04-20-2015, 07:44 AM
Ive found that almost any soap will foam depending on how much you use. Its used to remove loose dirt so it doesnt really matter what soap you choose.

ResQRy
04-20-2015, 01:25 PM
I use a foam cannon with a cold water electric pressure washer. I've been doing it for a couple of years. I really like it.

Is it any better than the 2 bucket method? Nah, I don't think so. It takes more time, but it does add entertainment value. A buddy of mine and I started at the same time. He uses his cannon for EVERY wash. I use mine for almost every way... I'd stay 75% of the time.

Rinse with the PW
Foam with the cannon
Wash with whatever media (either the Griot's wash pad or the Griot's boars hair brush) using the two bucket method

As for soap, I've been using Chemical Guys Mr Pink. My buddy uses Chemical Guys Honeydew Snow Foam. They're both good, but I tend to lean towards the Mr. Pink. I find that it rinses a little easier and foams just as well.

I'm interested to see what others say, too. I'm always up for trying new products!

I do the same thing. I like both the CG Honeydew and Mr. Pink. I use the two bucket method the same way. To be honest, when my cars are dusty or lightly dirty, the cannon cleans them great without the two bucket method. Just wet down, soap and rinse.

kecko
04-20-2015, 01:32 PM
CG's Honeydew Snow Foam here w/ my foam cannon. Nice thick suds so I haven't really felt the need to try any others, although I would like to compare to Mr. Pink.

tenblade2001
04-20-2015, 02:15 PM

Rinse with the PW
Foam with the cannon

+1. Mr. Pink and Honeydew are my go to soaps.

JHL88
04-20-2015, 03:22 PM
Adams Shampoo in a foam gun/cannon is fabulous.

JSou
04-20-2015, 04:24 PM
I used Hyperwash for maintenance and Autofoam for really dirty vehicles when I washed with a foam cannon.

custmsprty
04-20-2015, 04:58 PM
CG's Honeydew Snow Foam here w/ my foam cannon. Nice thick suds so I haven't really felt the need to try any others, although I would like to compare to Mr. Pink.

:dblthumb2:

Kacz
04-20-2015, 05:45 PM
I've always thought about throwing together a shampoo thread. I would have to do it over on Autopia due to certain shampoos, but I think it would be fun. Hmmm...

Comparing gun, cannon and 2BM performance of each would probably be the main focus.

I have more shampoos than I know what to do with, but I can tell you that a lot of the top shampoos perform the same. What separates shampoos is their ability to be rinsed away.

medicscott
04-20-2015, 06:13 PM
I just bought a gallon of the pinnacle shampoo for my gun. Haven't heard anyone mention it. Thoughts?

Ccrew
04-20-2015, 07:40 PM
Anyone tried the CG Maxi-Suds II? I've been a CG Honeydew guy up until now, but have a gallon of the Maxi-Suds II on it's way.

CaveRacing
04-20-2015, 08:04 PM
Anyone tried the CG Maxi-Suds II? I've been a CG Honeydew guy up until now, but have a gallon of the Maxi-Suds II on it's way.

I have. I prefer the mr pink and Honeydew over the maxi. The maxi didn't foam quite as well for me.

Let us know how it goes for you.