PDA

View Full Version : No white "concrete" on textured black trim

Don M
04-19-2015, 03:33 PM
We all know that getting wax on black textured trim is a big no-no because it's almost impossible to remove. Well I detailed my In-law's Ford Edge yesterday without taping off the trim, because the Ult Paste has not stained the trim pieces on my car. I was still careful, but got some on the black texture anyways. I know the trim on my wife's '03 Explorer is the devil when it comes to wax on trim as were most other cars (mainly Fords). After polishing (oh man, did this car need clayed, but they didn't give me enough time to go all out) I applied the wax panel by panel, wiping it off as I went. I can't say I was too surprised but when I got to the areas of trim that I had inadvertently went over with wax, it buffed right off, leaving only a slightly shiny spot. So it looks like Ult Liquid isn't the only one not to stain trim

hogie
04-20-2015, 03:18 PM
Meguiars has said the ingredient that makes it a paste wax can cause staining on trim. Glad to see that it didn't cause any issues. I will say that is why I have been using the liquid version instead.