PDA

View Full Version : Removing Compound/Polish Dust before LSP

RegalOne
04-18-2015, 07:29 PM
I am sure this is answered somewhere but I could not find it.

I used Blackfire SRC Compound and Polish today on my Black car with a GG6, standard backing plate, and LC CCS orange and white pads. The results with the polish/compound turned out good and the car is garaged now and and I plan on putting Blackfire WDAFPP on tomorrow.

My question is....

There is some dust from the work today that I can wipe off with a MF towel but I am wondering if I should wash and dry the car again tomorrow before I put the WDAFPP. I have access to a pressure washer. But not to an air compressor.

Should I:

1. Use a MF towel to get the dust off
2. Rinse with a pressure washer and dry (no soap)
3. Rinse with pressure washer and then use 2 buckets and dry
4. 2 bucket and dry
5. Something completely different

Thanks in advance for your suggestions and advice.

Kamakaz1961
04-18-2015, 07:34 PM
IMO (if your car is garaged) just gently brush the dust off. No need to wash and dry the car again. Save yourself a step and just get rid of the dust that way. Or if you have a blower or Sidekick that would be OK too. I do the same thing as you to take a break if I am tired (my car is garaged).

If your car is not garaged, then maybe rinseless wash or rinse with a pressure washer and dry.

Detail-Impressions
04-18-2015, 09:24 PM
Black can scratch very easy.
I would suggest using a quick detailer before Easer/IPA wipe down.

dsharpe89
04-18-2015, 10:09 PM
Anyone have any input on Griots Pre wax cleanser vs CarPro Eraser?

ski2
04-18-2015, 10:45 PM
As long as I've used water based polishes that don't leave behind heavy oils that could interfer with the LSP I just wipe the car down with a long fiber MF towel very damp (not dripping) with a standard ONR wash dilution.

conman1395
04-18-2015, 10:47 PM
Meguiars D114 waterless wash, or the D114 panel wipe mixture (30 oz water + 2 oz D114 + 1 oz 91% IPA [per Michael Stoops]).

richy
04-19-2015, 01:07 AM
ONR (Not the one with wax)

Dereksdtail
04-19-2015, 06:04 AM
I use d155 1/1

silverfox
04-19-2015, 06:38 AM
D114 at 1:15 works great. Its a very versatile product. Should be on every detailers shelf

Bunky
04-19-2015, 08:56 AM
I have used IPA, Griot's, and Eraser and Eraser is the easiest to use. It is just not the least expensive.

marinesoup
04-19-2015, 11:25 AM
Well we finally had good enough weather up here to get out the 7424.
I tried the Griots MP 2 with a yellow pad and I have to say that the product is garbage IMO! Not only did it not remove swirl marks and tiny surface scratches, it didn't even remove spider marks!
I was so disappointed in this product and what it claims to do do. Also trying to remove the product was a nightmare requiring a lot of work.
I did the roof first to see how it performed and then went to the hood. After MP2 I went on to MP4 on the hood and then BF diamond polish finishing with Pete's 54.
Nice and shiny in the shade but an embarrassment in the sun for all the work I put into it. (The car was washed and clayed before also).
I need a good product that is proven to remove swirl marks and tiny scratches and is easy to remove product after.
I don't think they ever reformulated their product.
Just glad I didn't waste my money on MP1 and 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Detail-Impressions
04-19-2015, 11:27 AM
^ Easer I used it with every coating I applied no problems...