PDA

View Full Version : What is this?

OCD Detailing
04-17-2015, 07:44 PM
We started washing cars at a large car company's Corp office. Started about 5 weeks ago. We do their display cars and pool cars. My partner took this video of one of the cars he just finished. Then two days later our contact at the car company who keeps track of the company cars emailed me a photo of that area asking if something we are using caused it. We follow all the "rules" to washing cars. Two buckets, different sponges for different parts of the cars, millions of color coded towels, etc. I actually just purchases 8 of the large guzzler waffle drying towels from Autogeek so those are what we use for drying. So I doubt it was us. I didn't see it in person but from the video it looks like we could have done everything wrong and still not caused that kind of mark. Some of these cars are brand new. Delivered right to the corp office for employees. She said she didn't see it the day before. Although that could just mean she didn't NOTICE it. I just want to be able to tell her some possible causes. The only thing that came to my mind was if somebody tried to wipe bird droppings off with a dry towel and uses some force. Any ideas would greatly be appreciated.

Car had about 7 miles on it.

Thank you

http://youtu.be/vjNc6yLsffk

Evan.J
04-17-2015, 08:32 PM
Those are some nice holograms. Look close to see if any touch up work was done from rock chips. If not that's just some horrible spot polishing probably from the dealership.

There was probably a glaze on the car and the washing removed the glaze exposing this hologram. Those are an easy fix from what I can see

OCD Detailing
04-17-2015, 10:10 PM
Those are some nice holograms. Look close to see if any touch up work was done from rock chips. If not that's just some horrible spot polishing probably from the dealership.

There was probably a glaze on the car and the washing removed the glaze exposing this hologram. Those are an easy fix from what I can see

Thank you. I am not sure if these cars ever see the dealership. We are washing cars at the corp office. From what I noticed on the other two brand new ones with less than 10 miles, they hardly even had any gas in them. But I will find out if these are dropped straight off the truck there or at a dealer first. I do know we have had to remove some of the protection on the new ones. Although it wasn't much. Just some foam pads on the doors, window sticker and some plastic inside.

Jeff Wagner
04-17-2015, 11:38 PM
I agree it looks like its been worked on and i think i see wet sanding marks from a block then holograms. This could be an opportunity for you not a disaster. Good luck and good move posting it here.