PDA

View Full Version : what do i use on motorhome

Yellotaxi
04-17-2015, 02:02 PM
How do i solve this. The cover over winter has caused it and was thinking using meguires swirl x or am i best just sticking to a good polish and doing it a few times.

SyntheticAtmosp
04-17-2015, 02:41 PM
Are you referring to the black streaks going down the side? That's contaminants on the water as it runs down. I don't cover mine and i get the same problem. Use pledge to remove it. I'm not joking, it comes right off. This year I plan to collonite mine to see if that will slow the build up.

fapatalk

Yellotaxi
04-17-2015, 02:57 PM
it may not be clear but a lot of dullness and then a shiney bit like shading a long the sides. i did polish it and it brightened up a tad but still this shady look. The cover only done this this year as no longer sheltered either side in a yard.

davidc
04-17-2015, 03:18 PM
Now there are 2 threads on this. Looks to me like a compounding is due as oxidation has set in. A rotary, wool pad and start with a mild compound and see how it goes before moving up to heavier compounds. Be prepared as it is a lot of work to compound and apply LSP from beginning to end. I know I had well over 40hrs. beginning to end.

Dave

Yellotaxi
04-17-2015, 03:35 PM
It took me about 4 hrs jus to polish the side lol think it will be a long weekend and maybe week too.
I have SwirlX and ultimate compound so will try swirl first as very mild and see how it goes first.

Thanks David

davidc
04-17-2015, 03:44 PM
It took me about 4 hrs jus to polish the side lol think it will be a long weekend and maybe week too.
I have SwirlX and ultimate compound so will try swirl first as very mild and see how it goes first.

Thanks David

Save you a step, forget the swirlx. Gel Coat is some very stout stuff. Start with the Ultimate but from what I see you will probably need to move up from there.

Dave

Yellotaxi
04-17-2015, 05:00 PM
I will try a section and see how i go with both and see if results are noticable with each product, if not will see whats recommended. maybe beyond my knowledge and little expertise tho