PDA

View Full Version : carpro reload has chunks in it?

devilr6
04-17-2015, 12:16 AM
Hi, I just got some carpro reload and there's some small cottage cheese like pieces floating in it.
And no matter how much I shake it, it doesn't desolve. Is this normal?

devilr6
04-17-2015, 12:20 AM
Never mind corey from carpro already answered my email, and this isn't normal.

runrun411
04-17-2015, 06:06 AM
What did he say?

Legacykid
04-17-2015, 07:35 AM
Just got a recent batch? mine is like this except there is sediment on the bottom. after I used it once and was able to give it a good shake it mixed in.

octane
04-17-2015, 09:39 AM
What did he say?
I'm interested also in knowing!

devilr6
04-18-2015, 12:50 AM
He said this isn't normal and that none of the ones he has on the shelf look like this.

He thinks this is due to how the seller stored it. I already returned it as Corey said if it was him he would return it.

Oh and mine does not mix in I poured it into a glass and there was about a golf ball size chunk that came out.

edit....
My batch was dated Jan 2015 w exp date Jan 2017.

devilr6
04-18-2015, 02:11 AM
Also, probly can't tell by the pic but the cap was loose and bunch of it leaked out in shipping so it was going back anyway.
I don't think that had anything to do with it but I do have another one comming from another seller so I'll see how that one looks.

hmm, sounds like some of you have chunks in yours too, I'll let you know how the new looks when it gets here.

MarkD51
04-18-2015, 07:57 AM
He said this isn't normal and that none of the ones he has on the shelf look like this.

He thinks this is due to how the seller stored it. I already returned it as Corey said if it was him he would return it.

Oh and mine does not mix in I poured it into a glass and there was about a golf ball size chunk that came out.

edit....
My batch was dated Jan 2015 w exp date Jan 2017.

This was sort of what I thought of. Probably not in a over-warm place, but perhaps too cold?

Or, from when it was shipped from the seller, and as it traveled to you, it was subjected to freezing temps enroute?

One reason I usually hold off ordering any detailing chemicals during the colder months, even though I'm in the southern part of the country.

Another thought, is that any future orders I ever place for Carpro will probably be direct from Corey. You are then insured of getting the latest-greatest of the Carpro line.

devilr6
04-18-2015, 11:25 AM
This was sort of what I thought of. Probably not in a over-warm place, but perhaps too cold?

Or, from when it was shipped from the seller, and as it traveled to you, it was subjected to freezing temps enroute?

One reason I usually hold off ordering any detailing chemicals during the colder months, even though I'm in the southern part of the country.

Another thought, is that any future orders I ever place for Carpro will probably be direct from Corey. You are then insured of getting the latest-greatest of the Carpro line.

I don't think it was the weather as the product came from southern California to Arizona.

If the new is like that too I'll be getting it directly from Corey as well.

devilr6
04-22-2015, 02:58 PM
Just to update, the 2nd one I ordered came in today and there are zeros soild pieces in the bottle.
But as luck would have it, this one showed up with the cap on crooked and little less than 1/4 of the bottle leaked out in the shipping again, and this was from a different seller.
Call them and they are sending me a whole new bottle and didn't even ask for this one back so I'm getting almost twice what I paid for so I'm a happy camper.

MarkD51
04-22-2015, 03:23 PM
Just to update, the 2nd one I ordered came in today and there are zeros soild pieces in the bottle.
But as luck would have it, this one showed up with the cap on crooked and little less than 1/4 of the bottle leaked out in the shipping again, and this was from a different seller.
Call them and they are sending me a whole new bottle and didn't even ask for this one back so I'm getting almost twice what I paid for so I'm a happy camper.

That's cool. I think most decent businesses on the web or the Bay won't press issues, they wish good feedback. On a different note, I had something similar happen about 4 months ago, ordered an old liked fragrance-cologne called "Canoe" from a "Bay" seller, the large bottle was about a 1/3rd short, the seller refunded my money in full, and I got a 2/3rds bottle of the Cologne you could say for free!:dblthumb2:

I've of course ordered many times from both here, and the sister site, autopia, only ever had one issue, a 5.5" Lake Country Urethane Backing Plate had bad threads, and would not thread onto my PC7424XP machine regardless of any self rectification this end, and was thus forced to contact AGO. They quickly sent another, no questions asked. For my troubles, I at least got a free Backing Plate Fiber Washer, and a Rubber Stud Protector free of charge! :xyxthumbs:

But, getting back to CP Reload, my last order from AGO was a full Liter (two .5L bottles), and this stuff was problematic, possessed issues that the previous version never had, and was the previous version to the current version with the greasy residual Hollogram problem.

I had to pay a considerable postage back to AGO of the flawed product, just so Nick could get it back in hand, costing me some pretty darn good money, which deducted from receiving an actual "full refund". In truth, because of this "Taint", I haven't ordered anything from AGO since that day either. Soured my experiences with the whole "detailing smear" to tell the truth, I'm expending my money in places elsewhere lately.

After again reading of issues with current versions, I am still quite reluctant to ever order again, even though I know Corey at Carpro won't monkey around.

My opinion that I'll stand by at current day.....why fix what wasn't broken in the first place? My recommendation to Carpro, wherever their factory is, is to go back to the old old old version, which nobody had a damn problem with. Take out all the problematic ingredients, which was smeary. I certainly didn't expect Reload to withstand a Milwuakee angle grinder, just a product that would work well and compliment CQuartz, even if just for a few short months at max.

There's been lot's of dislike spread by other members, like Rohnk (sp), and I'd bet if he had what little of the old version I have left here of the "Old" Reload, and used it on his beloved Vette, he sure wouldn't ever be singing the blues, but singng nothing but praises and love.

As for me, and current day, I'm seriously considering one of the GTechniq Sprays, unless Corey wants to prove me wrong about the latest version, and send a small sample of Reload for me to personally test. I see myself off of Reload for the forseeable future unless a V3.567 happens to come around the corner, which will make my morning coffee, and Donut.

devilr6
04-22-2015, 03:52 PM
wow that sucks man.
I just applied the Cquartz that I ordered from AGO last weeked and had zero issues and I just got done applying the reload and didn't have any smearing issues I read. Went on easy and wiped of easy no smears at all. My batch is march 15.
Maybe they fixed it or maybe it has something to do with the weather when it's applied? But I'm in Arizona so similar weather to you in New Mexico.