PDA

View Full Version : New mag wheels for detailing van

Calendyr
04-15-2015, 09:00 PM
As the title says, Monday I am having 4 new Mag wheels installed on my detailing van.

First time I buy mags but I plan on getting there about 2 hours before my appointment and apply Opticoat 2.0 on the mags. Would you guys do anything else besides this?

davey g-force
04-15-2015, 09:18 PM
That's actually a great idea! What better time to coat them than when they are new, off the vehicle, and have no tires on them. Is the shop owner ok with it? No doubt he'll think it's a weird thing to do. :)

They may be a bit dusty, so maybe just take some QD or WW with you.

Calendyr
04-15-2015, 10:43 PM
Of course. Will do a wipedown with ONR&S at quick detailer strenght then follow with an IPA cleaning.

If they think it's weird, I am fine with that ;)

SameGuy
04-16-2015, 07:20 AM
Nice! From where?

Yesterday I picked up my summer alloy rims from Exact Wheel on Hymus in Dorval, they did an amazing job. All four rims were sandblasted, machined, painted and cleared. One rim had a pretty big dent that was clearly visible on the balancing machine, Exact took care of it. They look better than new!

I'm waiting on two new tires from TireRack.com which should arrive tomorrow. I plan to coat them as well, probably CQ.

Calendyr
04-16-2015, 12:30 PM
It's a place called Clicktire. They are located in Boucherville.

They are having a big sale right now. All 4 Mags installed for 500$.

Here is a picture of the one I am buying:

https://clicktire.com/img/tmp/RTX-Stratus-Black-Machined.jpg

SameGuy
04-16-2015, 01:19 PM
Wow that's fantastic, even better price than no-name mags from Crappy Tire!

T'es ou, exactement? Je sais que t'es mobile, mais au Rive Sud? We should arrange a YUL get-together. :)