PDA

View Full Version : micro fiber

dbreeze225
04-15-2015, 05:27 PM
hey guys quick question about micro fiber.. i have a bunch of towels all colored for different product example orange for meguiar's ultra cut compound, white for griots best in show wax, green for ultimate polish... now i try and keep them apart as much as possible but what about washing should i keep the colors seperate in diff. loads? thats good when i go threw a bunch at a time but say i only have 2 of each color (dirty at a time) i aint going to put 2 small towel's in the wash by themselfs so would it be better to put all colors in the wash at same time so its enough for a small load in machine or should i just throw them into a laundry bag and wait till i get more dirty of the same color but then there is the question of if leaving them sit (dirty) for a period of time hurts the towel or makes it harder to clean? all advice is appreciated

inDetail
04-15-2015, 06:43 PM
Here is what I do. Usually compounding, polishing and waxing don't produce much dirt just polish and paint residue. Mine are never black with dirt. I do have all my towels color coded. one's for compounding, polish and LSP's.
I keep my polish, compounding and LSP rags apart from the grime one's. Grime goes in one load cleaner one's go in another load.
I never had to deal with cross contamination issues using my routine.

Before your towels hit the washer. Run a extra large load of cold water and 3 cups of vinegar no towels. Fill the liquid fabric softener to the top with vinegar as well.

When that is done wash the "clean" towels first warm water, MF wash. Add ball park two teaspoons of vinegar to the fabric softener cup for each towel. Only fill the washer up with water until it is a inch or two above the towels. This will force the towels to scrub each other rather then float around in too much water. When it's done. If they still smell like vinegar do a rinse cycle of water only. Just fill water like above.
Repeat for dirty towels.

When I'm working I have three buckets with water in them and a little APC. A gallon or two of water and a half a cup or a cup of APC. I use Purple Power since it's cheap. One for dirty towels,one for pads, one for the cleaner towels. I keep them in there until I'm ready to wash. This will help keep any chems, oils and debris from setting into the towels and pads. Wring everything out and do your washing. You will be surprised the amount of polishing oils, sealant and wax residue that float around in the water while they are soaking. The point is to keep anything from setting into the fibers. Wanna have a a really clean junk towel do it this way and you will be surprised.

I have worked on this for a long time and finally got to a point where I don't need to run the washer for a few towels. Doing it this way keeps all my towels spotless and free of debris.

dbreeze225
04-16-2015, 09:29 AM
so basicly you run all waxing polishing and compounding towels togather. and then any other miscellaneous towell's that are dirty ( say a towel used to clean inner wheels or a real dirty door jam) in a seperate wash? right? what is the vinigar for used as a cleaner? what i have been doing is giving them a quick spray with "chemical guys buffing pad cleaner" figured it works well with geting residue off pads it should do the same with towels then i mix in a lil bit of regular laundry detergent and just a LITTLE of "simple green HD" as it is not soap that will leave residue its a cleaner that actuly removes soap residue (from the laundry detergent). never heard of vinigar before tho ill have to try it. but one more time just so i am clear say i have 1 towel with meguiars ultra cut compound on it, 1 with ultimate polish on it and 1 with griots best in show wax on it . all 3 of those can go in the same load and be ok? THANKS