PDA

View Full Version : 1" and 2" Backing Plates for DA?

dmayer
04-15-2015, 02:11 PM
Are there any 1" or 2" backing plates and foam pads available for a DA?

If not, what options do I have for compounding and polishing tight/narrow areas?

Thanks,
Doug

Kamakaz1961
04-15-2015, 02:40 PM
Flex has 1" and 2" Backing Plates and Foam Pads for their PE8 Compact rotary. With the right adapters and extensions you can apply them to your DA. I can use my PC7424 XP with the adapters, however, the Flex PE8 is such a great machine I choose to stay with the Flex.

Go to the foam pads and backing plates in the AGO store section you will see what you want there

builthatch
04-15-2015, 02:52 PM
^ yep, i got them...and they aren't cheap. unfort, i got them before i realized KB makes some lol. i have an extension too because even though i don't have the little Flex rotary, i can use these on my Makita and it will serve the same purpose.

the problem with using these little 1 and 2 inch pads on a DA is the range of motion for a DA is WAY bigger than the pad, so, while you'll be able to work on a much smaller area with a 1" pad and plate on a DA than you would with what you probably currently have (3" pad, 2 7/8" plate), you still won't be able to work in nearly as small an area than if you had a rotary and that 1" pad/plate.