PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Mustang with embedded dirt...help please

cmeyers1
04-15-2015, 12:06 PM
I am newer to using a da, I have griots garage 6" and chemical guys hex logic pads. I am having a hard time getting the embedded dirt from the finish. I think this car sat under a tree for years prior to getting it. I have clayed it, compounded, polished just the hood so far. I started on the bumper and front clip but it's not coming out. Pictures are hard to see but perhaps you will be able to help me.mequiars UC, meguairs UP, and mequiars UW.

2011 Kona Blue
04-15-2015, 12:33 PM
I am newer to using a da, I have griots garage 6" and chemical guys hex logic pads. I am having a hard time getting the embedded dirt from the finish. I think this car sat under a tree for years prior to getting it. I have clayed it, compounded, polished just the hood so far. I started on the bumper and front clip but it's not coming out. Pictures are hard to see but perhaps you will be able to help me.mequiars UC, meguairs UP, and mequiars UW.

Have you used a clay bar or nanoskin (clay mitt) prior to washing and Ultimate Compound? If not, you really should clay the car to remove the top portion of contaminants which very may well remove that embedded dirt.

Ccrew
04-15-2015, 01:25 PM
I have clayed it

Can you get pictures?

cmeyers1
04-15-2015, 03:32 PM
Yes, I clayed the car after washing and prior to beginning the da process.

cmeyers1
04-15-2015, 03:46 PM
Couple more pictures...

2011 Kona Blue
04-15-2015, 07:30 PM
I wonder if those are iron deposits under the paint?

duffthebluff
04-15-2015, 07:44 PM
I think I have the same problem, but for mine it was only a small spot, like a blemish. I'll post some pics in this thread later. The car came directly from the manufacturer btw and I had seen this blemish ever since I got it.