PDA

View Full Version : Iron X

Pages : [1] 2 3

kecko
04-15-2015, 10:28 AM
Don't underestimate what it can do to speed up your detailing!!!!

It's starting to get nice enough in Ohio that I can get out and start hitting minor areas of my car since I don't have a working garage. I had my summer wheels put back on yesterday and decided with it being 58 degrees it was warm enough to start getting my car prepped so I could start using some of the information and equipment I bought to start polishing.

My wheels were in bad shape from last summer. Allot of contamination, brake dust and tar. It needed to come off. Enter, IRON X. This stuff will cut in half the amount of scrubbing and claying that needs done when it comes to your wheels, windows and body panels. Don't not have this in your arsenal. I can't explain how awesome this stuff is. If your one of those people who haven't used it or you're skeptical, order some today and reap the rewards!!! I also hit my exhaust tips that were pitted in soot and really bad. It looks like a blood bath.

http://i.imgur.com/d1hWE19.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/KRm9OVT.jpg

Iron X Iron Remover, CQuartz IronX, Paint Cleaner, paint decontamination (http://www.autogeek.net/carpro-iron-x-cleaner.html)

runrun411
04-15-2015, 12:13 PM
Geez, it looks like a crime scene. LOL

kecko
04-15-2015, 12:57 PM
Yea I had a pool of it just past the point of that picture. If a cop drove by I may have been questioned.

oldmodman
04-15-2015, 02:59 PM
Iron-X has never let me down. It even gets rid of ten year old rail dust on neglected car finishes.

It makes a huge difference. :xyxthumbs: But it sure does stink :eek:

Jaretr1
04-15-2015, 04:09 PM
Iron-X has never let me down. It even gets rid of ten year old rail dust on neglected car finishes.

It makes a huge difference. :xyxthumbs: But it sure does stink :eek:

The IronX LS (Lemon Scent) is not to bad, a massive improvement over the regular IronX.

Sicoupe
04-15-2015, 04:18 PM
Glad to hear this, have some coming any day now:)

tpr1634
04-15-2015, 04:46 PM
I love it, works well.

kecko
04-15-2015, 04:54 PM
Will be ordering some more to do a few more cars. Will have to try the lemon scent. My hands still smell like perm.

Ryan509
04-15-2015, 06:55 PM
i did my moms VW wheels this past weekend for the first time with iron X. Amazed at this product, am hoping to use it on my car this weekend. Sucks it smells like a dying skunk. lol

gym**rat
04-19-2015, 11:16 AM
Rookie question here guys. Does using Iron-X on the body eliminate the need to clay or Nanoskin? Thanks!

kecko
04-19-2015, 11:23 AM
No it does not. What it does is decontaminate very well, meaning it removes ferrous iron, tar, sap and other things stuck to your paint.

You will still need to clay but man does it make the job go so much faster. I get my claying done in less than half the time it took me before. Anytime you can save yourself time, chalk it up as a successful day!

Detail-Impressions
04-19-2015, 11:24 AM
Yes you must still clay, Ironx removes the metal that is imbedded in the paint.

gym**rat
04-19-2015, 11:30 AM
Thank you both for the answer. I will make sure to do both.mi just got some Iron-X.

kecko
04-19-2015, 11:58 AM
Just so you are aware, they sell it in 500ml & 1 liter spray bottles, as well as gallon jugs. I have a hatchback and it usually takes 1 liter to do whole car appropriately. That includes hitting wheels. All depends on your vehicle as to what you will need. My wifes SUV takes 1 liter plus a 500ml bottle.

gym**rat
04-19-2015, 01:00 PM
Just so you are aware, they sell it in 500ml & 1 liter spray bottles, as well as gallon jugs. I have a hatchback and it usually takes 1 liter to do whole car appropriately. That includes hitting wheels. All depends on your vehicle as to what you will need. My wifes SUV takes 1 liter plus a 500ml bottle.

Oooops, I should have bought a bigger bottle. Oh well gives me a reason to place another order. Thank you for that info!!