PDA

View Full Version : Contaminated microfiber towels

Pages : [1] 2

ngonzi
04-14-2015, 07:41 PM
I be leave I contaminated my drying towels with v07. They don't seem to want to pick up water rather they just push it around. What is the best way to decontaminate them? I use blackfire microfiber cleaner and restore. I do have apc. Thanks for the help.

Ccrew
04-14-2015, 07:44 PM
Boil them in a pot of water on the stove for about 60 seconds then wash as usual.

inDetail
04-14-2015, 07:54 PM
You can also add white vinegar to your normal wash routine. Add two teaspoon's per towel in the fabric softener cup. you can ball park it. When the wash is done if it still smells like vinegar run it again with just water.

If you use the house washer run a large load of cold water with two cups of white vinegar this will remove any liquid fabric softener or detergent residue then wash as normal.

ngonzi
04-14-2015, 08:26 PM
You can also add white vinegar to your normal wash routine. Add two teaspoon's per towel in the fabric softener cup. you can ball park it. When the wash is done if it still smells like vinegar run it again with just water.

If you use the house washer run a large load of cold water with two cups of white vinegar this will remove any liquid fabric softener or detergent residue then wash as normal.

Do I add the vinegar with the microfiber cleaner? Or just use vinegar?

manateemark
04-14-2015, 08:39 PM
I don't know for sure, but I would say just vinegar.

af90
04-14-2015, 09:25 PM
Do I add the vinegar with the microfiber cleaner? Or just use vinegar?
When I use vinegar I do a second cycle in the washer. First cycle with microfiber cleaner.

Don M
04-15-2015, 07:03 AM
I be leave I contaminated my drying towels with v07. They don't seem to want to pick up water rather they just push it around. What is the best way to decontaminate them? I use blackfire microfiber cleaner and restore. I do have apc. Thanks for the help.

DO they not pick up water at all, or just when they are dry? I'm saying this because all my towels work better when they are wet and wrung out. Once I get them soaked with water and wring them out, they're great for drying, you just wring them out again after ever other pass or so. When they are dry, they don't absorb water at all, just push it around like you said.

KB in MD
04-15-2015, 08:19 AM
DO they not pick up water at all, or just when they are dry? I'm saying this because all my towels work better when they are wet and wrung out. Once I get them soaked with water and wring them out, they're great for drying, you just wring them out again after ever other pass or so. When they are dry, they don't absorb water at all, just push it around like you said.

same here:xyxthumbs:

DogRescuer
04-15-2015, 08:29 AM
I spray mine with a spray wax and your right they seem to work better

jwgreen6
04-15-2015, 08:46 AM
I have some microfiber towels that are stained from who know what. If I were working on a customer's vehicle, I wouldn't use that towel at all because if the customer saw it, I'm sure they would develop a negative mindset.

If it's stained, retire it to utility purposes or throw it away. Towels are cheaper than paint or risking your reputation.

ngonzi
04-15-2015, 07:40 PM

Even if they're wet the done absorb. If that makes sense

ngonzi
04-15-2015, 07:40 PM
I have some microfiber towels that are stained from who know what. If I were working on a customer's vehicle, I wouldn't use that towel at all because if the customer saw it, I'm sure they would develop a negative mindset.

If it's stained, retire it to utility purposes or throw it away. Towels are cheaper than paint or risking your reputation.

They are not stained at all

ngonzi
04-18-2015, 07:32 AM
What about soaking them in apc

ngonzi
04-22-2015, 08:58 PM
Any more ideas?

ngonzi
06-10-2015, 09:32 PM
Bump