PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Paste Wax didn't want to play nice with the PC, until ...

Don M
04-14-2015, 07:05 PM
... I decided to try spritzing a light mist of Ultimate Quik Detailer on the panel just prior to putting pad to paint and turning on the porter cable.

I finished polishing my car with Ultimate Polish and I decided to use the cut-down finishing pad to apply the Ultimate Paste Wax. But no matter how much wax I applied to the pad, it didn't want to spread on the paint. I know that it's supposed to be applied thin, but it just wouldn't transfer from the pad onto the paint. So that's when I decided to used the UQD. Once I did that, the Ultimate Paste applied like butter and spread forever in a nice thin layer. Instead of doing the whole car at once I just applied and removed the wax panel by panel and it came off like a dream. Now a few hours later, the color has deepened and the finish looks better than it ever has ... and no I still can't access a camera

FUNX650
04-14-2015, 09:02 PM
^^^ Very resourceful.^^^

That's using the ol' brain
To create brilliance!! :props:

Bob

Kurtopia
04-15-2015, 12:38 AM
What was the temperature/humidity like at time of applying?

Don M
04-15-2015, 05:00 AM
What was the temperature/humidity like at time of applying?

It was ~65* with low humidity, the funny part is that where ever I had to apply the wax by hand, where the buffer couldn't reach, it went on just fine and the hand applicator is coarser than the foam pad on the buffer.

Don M
04-15-2015, 05:07 AM
^^^ Very resourceful.^^^

That's using the ol' brain
To create brilliance!! :props:

Bob

Not so much brilliance as desperation, by the time I was ready to wax, I was beat after a detailed wash, polishing every inch with Ult Polish and wiping all the polish off of the car it had already taken me at least 4 hours ... ok, I'm slow, but I'm thorough.

I did find out one more thing ... don't apply it too thick then give it too long to dry. The wife had me run an errand when the car was half-waxed and by the time I got back it was like trying to remove concrete (maybe I had it a bit too thick?), THAT'S why I went panel by panel on the other side.

david b
04-15-2015, 09:04 AM
You have to tell the wife to run her own errands :xyxthumbs:. Option B - Get yourself a "do not disturb" sign!

Don M
04-15-2015, 04:11 PM
You have to tell the wife to run her own errands :xyxthumbs:. Option B - Get yourself a "do not disturb" sign!

You obviously don't know my wife :bash::surrender::surrender: