PDA

View Full Version : Was told by another coating company Gtechniq is gone?

parttimer
04-14-2015, 05:14 PM
So there is a guy a few hours away selling ceramic pro. I believe they had been discussed before. I called to see about selling their coating so I asked about prep. I asked if IPA was good enough, he said IPA and eraser don't do anything to remove polish oils. He said a panel wipe is needed so I asked about panel wipe. He said that is a good product but they are closed now. Anyone else hear this?

refreshauto
04-14-2015, 05:17 PM
Gtechniq is not closed, they are going through some changes. If you want to get in contact i know the rep

silverfox
04-14-2015, 05:33 PM
You want to remove polishing oils? Megs D114 at 1:15 is a perfect replacement for IPA without the harshness or possible marring.

FUNX650
04-14-2015, 07:35 PM
This size of GTechniq's Panel-wipe looks
like it's still available in the AGO store:

GTechniq Panel Wipe Coating Prep 500 ml. (http://www.autogeek.net/gtechniq-panel-wipe.html)

Plus: right now...it's 15 percent off!

Bob

parttimer
04-15-2015, 07:02 AM
I have a feeling this guy was just trying to sell me his coating line. And I still see places selling it so I thought it was weird.

KMG
04-15-2015, 01:44 PM
Eraser most certainly will remove the polishing oils. With the line of crap this guy is feeding you I wouldn't trust much that he says. Here is a link to the description for Eraser (http://www.carpro-us.com/polish-compound/carpro-eraser-5-liter-1-3-gallon/) on the website Car-Pro US

parttimer
04-15-2015, 02:14 PM
I figured, I remember when the company first came around some guys were talking about them. I think I will pass. There is a guy a few hours away selling it and making a killing.

Ebg18t
04-15-2015, 05:46 PM
I think he was feeding you a line of BS to talk up his product. It's unfirtunate that people resort to this kind of tactic.

RPM_BR
04-15-2015, 05:48 PM
This size of GTechniq's Panel-wipe looks
like it's still available in the AGO store:

GTechniq Panel Wipe Coating Prep 500 ml. (http://www.autogeek.net/gtechniq-panel-wipe.html)

Plus: right now...it's 15 percent off!

Bob

Bob, just to add my two cents, I used panel wipe on a black land rover, to prepare for the c1, as the customer demanded (and brought it for me to use it) and it marred the paint. I thought it could be the microfiber, so I used my dear wolfgang microfiber and it also marred with it. It is very 'dry', and it smells acetone.
I had to repolish it, with flex, Menz 4500 and black hybrid mf.
Maybe on hard paints, it will do it, but if the paint is medium to soft, for me it is a no go.

refreshauto
04-15-2015, 06:02 PM
I know the distributor for Ceramic Pro, if you want you can message me his name and i can call the distributor and let him know that one of his installers isnt doing what he's supposed to be doing

Nth Degree
04-15-2015, 06:06 PM
Don't know about the panel wipe issue but I do know that Gtech stuff has been difficult to come by, reps have been let go and, based on a conversation I had recently with a supplier, it is impossible to get anyone on the phone. It seems to me they would want to maintain some momentum during changes rather than risk losing customers so I wouldn't be surprised if they are going away altogether or being bought out.

swanicyouth
04-15-2015, 06:17 PM
:crickets:

parttimer
04-16-2015, 07:16 PM
I'm still seeing it for sale but I'm not a volume guy so I'm not in the know. I'm sticking with what I'm using.