PDA

View Full Version : Bugs Bugs Bugs

cleanfreak3
04-13-2015, 08:04 PM
After having wolfgang sealant and pinnacle wax on my truck, I still have a difficult time getting rid of bug residue. Yes, the bugs might be on there a couple of days but I feel that they should just wipe off. I'm using a safe scrub sponge and poor boys bug squash. What do you guys use/do?

custmsprty
04-13-2015, 08:08 PM
Bugs are bugs, once they dry and cake on regardless of what you have on the vehicle they are still some what difficult to remove. I have used that same combo you have too.

Odisious
04-13-2015, 08:13 PM
I am going to suffer a full throttling from many users here, but I will take the heat anyway.

A coating will greatly assist with this. Tar is much more difficult to remove than bugs and on my coated vehicle tar wipes off with a regular wash mitt process.
Bugs are even easier to remove. One pass wipe and they are gone.

I apologize for the posts that follow...

Nth Degree
04-13-2015, 08:20 PM
I can't speak for all coatings but I know that Opti-Coat makes it easier to remove tar and is the only thing I have seen to prevent Artillery Fungus from bonding and staining. Bugs are going to bond to anything once dried. I use Poorboy's World Bug Squash @ 3:1. It is LSP safe at that dilution and very effective. Let dwell for a 30-60 seconds and most bugs will come off with pressure washer or ONR wash. Sometimes a second application might be necessary but it greatly reduces the chance of marring from any type of scrubbing. Just don't use in direct sunlight or on hot surface.

spiralout462
04-13-2015, 08:30 PM
I just wipe the bugs off my front bumper when I return home for the night. They never have time to really stick. UWW+ and a short nap microfiber is all that is required if you get in the habit of doing it.

SYMAWD
04-13-2015, 08:38 PM
They pretty much either pressure wash or wipe off of my car with Cquartz. Also, Adam's Quick Sealant releases bugs very easily. One time just a drive in the rain knocked off the bug guts (not the whole thing, just the actual body/ guts).

FUNX650
04-13-2015, 09:38 PM
After having wolfgang sealant and pinnacle wax on my truck, I still have a difficult time getting rid of bug residue. Yes, the bugs might be on there a couple of days but I feel that they should just wipe off. I'm using a safe scrub sponge and poor boys bug squash. What do you guys use/do?
Even if you feel that bug-guts, that have dried-up for a couple of days {:eek:}, should just wipe off a vehicle that's got some LSP on it...

When Bugs hit a moving-at-speed vehicle, they can easily penetrate the few microns of LSP-thickness that the WDGPS and Pinnacle Wax is supposed to provide...And then: have their exoskeletal and acidic wastes attach to, or also penetrate, the vehicle's paint-system.

Best to remove them ASAP!!

Bob

AnthonyGXP
04-13-2015, 10:09 PM
Apparently you live in Florida dealing with LOVE BUGS!?