PDA

View Full Version : Cordless Polisher?

luciddaydream
04-11-2015, 07:56 PM
Hello
I was just wondering if there is a cordless polisher that you guys recommend?

My car is in a parking ramp and I don't have access to an outlet but I'd like to hit some parts with a polisher now and then.

Firehouse Mike
04-11-2015, 08:52 PM
Any corded polisher of your choice and a Honda EU1000i generator :)
There are a couple units out there (Griots cordless DA for one) but nothing yet with any decent power or runtime.

KMdef9
04-12-2015, 01:25 AM
Milwaukee makes one. Would be good for touch ups, but not a whole car.

Milwaukee 2438-22 M12 Cordless Lithium-Ion Variable Speed Polisher-Sander Kit (http://www.cpomilwaukee.com/milwaukee-2438-22-m12-cordless-lithium-ion-variable-speed-polisher-sander-kit/miln2438-22,default,pd.html?ref=pla&zmam=31282435&zmas=47&zmac=731&zmap=miln2438-22&kpid=miln2438-22&gclid=CjwKEAjwjKOpBRChjsTyicbFy3QSJADP1gTNBYKfcKDK IpXndQ888g3BqxLmohDGMAdaXOZxuOzxRhoCs_Xw_wcB)

Don M
04-12-2015, 08:35 AM
Hello
I was just wondering if there is a cordless polisher that you guys recommend?

My car is in a parking ramp and I don't have access to an outlet but I'd like to hit some parts with a polisher now and then.

Do you have a buddy/relative where you can borrow their driveway & an outlet for a few hours?

Ebg18t
04-12-2015, 09:13 AM
The runtime on the cordless is a killer. Probably need a box of batteries to a small car. Atleast a few batteries to touch up a panel or hood. A colleague bought the griots one to use on his Boxter. After one use he returned it; run time and power were lackluster. He is using my old PC now.

John U
08-02-2015, 01:33 PM
I purchased A Griots Cordless last December. Since then my PC & Flex have been on vacation. I purchased the two battery kit figuring I'd need both....wrong. I've done my Honda Odyssey numerous times and only twice needed to use the second battery. I took it on a road trip with two batteries in the rear storage well of the C7 convertible to do a relative's new Benz and my sisters Lexus. No problem with one battery for each.
I use it as a AOI spreader. If I need correction I'd grab the Flex. Not having a cord dragging around is great....I'd buy it again in a heart beat.

Rsurfer
08-02-2015, 02:54 PM
I purchased A Griots Cordless last December. Since then my PC & Flex have been on vacation. I purchased the two battery kit figuring I'd need both....wrong. I've done my Honda Odyssey numerous times and only twice needed to use the second battery. I took it on a road trip with two batteries in the rear storage well of the C7 convertible to do a relative's new Benz and my sisters Lexus. No problem with one battery for each.
I use it as a AOI spreader. If I need correction I'd grab the Flex. Not having a cord dragging around is great....I'd buy it again in a heart beat.

Good to know. First positive review I've read.

RandyD
08-02-2015, 03:15 PM

:iagree: I own the Griot's also. It's great!