PDA

View Full Version : Applying carpro dlux on repaired wheels

jimbob
04-10-2015, 05:11 PM
Hi guys. I recently got some curb rash repaired in a couple of my wheels. I'm thinking of coating by wheels with dlux. And using some poorboys apc and eraser during the prep process.

Does anyone have any experience or thoughts on the safety of this? The technician said avoid acid rim cleaners. I assume apc with be fine as that's alkaline but I'm not entirely certain about dlux and eraser. The technician did say that for the repair the wheel had been coated with clear similar to factory after being painted. So he might have just been erring on the side of caution in avoiding acid rim cleaners.

Avi@CarPro
04-11-2015, 04:26 AM
Wait few days until the clearcoat will be totally dry and you can apply easy the DLUX , eraser wont do any damage to your new clearcoat.
once Dlux is well dry you can wash them anyway you like, though not necessary harsh wheel cleaner since the Dlux will protect your wheel and repel easy the dirt from it.
HTH

jimbob
04-11-2015, 04:43 AM
Wait few days until the clearcoat will be totally dry and you can apply easy the DLUX , eraser wont do any damage to your new clearcoat.

once Dlux is well dry you can wash them anyway you like, though not necessary harsh wheel cleaner since the Dlux will protect your wheel and repel easy the dirt from it.

HTH

Thanks for the reply. Just an update, I did the process in the original post before I saw your message. And everything turned out a-ok!!!