PDA

View Full Version : Interior

dbreeze225
04-10-2015, 12:54 PM
hello again everyone quick question today. i have mother's mtech instant detailer and also mother's California gold instant detailer (the one that come in the clay kit). now i am assuming they are probily very similar. my question is can i use either of these products on the interior of the car (not everything just the dash and plastic trim) some people have told me yest some said no i am a lil confused i am trying to use something i have i really don't want to go spend more money on a "interior spray". i also have (even tho they are not car specific product) HDX spray APC, simple green HD (the purple stuff), a foaming cleaned and degreaser that i think is also made by hdx (not 100% positive off top of my head tho). i have been told just watter but this car has not been cleaned in a long time i think i am going to need more than watter. and advice would help mailty want to know if the detailer should be used or not i dont want to ruin things. also any products i mentioned or any other household products i might have around tthanks guys

Bunky
04-10-2015, 05:01 PM
No. I would not use them on the interiors.

VP Mark
04-10-2015, 06:53 PM
I've used ONR on interiors before, worked great. If you have and Woolite dilute it 1:10. Works great.

dbreeze225
04-10-2015, 07:58 PM
what does ONR stand for

AZ Mike
04-10-2015, 08:09 PM
Optimum No Rinse Wash & Wax, no rinse car wash, rinse free car wash, optimum no rinse (http://www.autogeek.net/no-rinse-wash-and-wax.html)
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/5706-product-abbreviation-chart-acronyms.html
I hope this helps.

Mantilgh
04-10-2015, 09:27 PM
No. I would not use them on the interiors.

Not trying to be a jerk, just wondering why.

None of them?

Would the quick detailers harm the interior?

Are the cleaning agents and shine or gloss type of enhancers that much different than interior detailers?

Not sure about the other APC, but is Simple Green caustic, or have something in it that should not be used on vinyl?

To the OP:
You could use simple dish soap and water to clean if you want to be cautious and frugal. For reference, Dawn Ultra straight has a pH of 9, Simple Green HD is around 10.9.

Also; if your interior is dirty, quick interior detailers won't really get the job done. IMO, they are like the exterior detailers. Not really for cleaning, more for just a light touch up with a little something extra added in.

conman1395
04-10-2015, 09:57 PM
Not trying to be a jerk, just wondering why.

None of them?

Would the quick detailers harm the interior?

Are the cleaning agents and shine or gloss type of enhancers that much different than interior detailers?

Not sure about the other APC, but is Simple Green caustic, or have something in it that should not be used on vinyl?

To the OP:
You could use simple dish soap and water to clean if you want to be cautious and frugal. For reference, Dawn Ultra straight has a pH of 9, Simple Green HD is around 10.9.

Also; if your interior is dirty, quick interior detailers won't really get the job done. IMO, they are like the exterior detailers. Not really for cleaning, more for just a light touch up with a little something extra added in.
No..... Those are meant for the outside. There's nothing hard about going to an auto parts store and getting Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer. It's meant for the interior and it's inexpensive.
The HDX APC is not something I'd use on the outside. The Simple Green is okay for tires, not very good otherwise. I've seen it damage some exterior trim.

Additionally,
Why would you want to use a QD on the interior to begin with? Interior "detailers" have a good amount of cleaning ability. Most have a degree of UV protection too. I honestly believe it would be better to use water instead of a QD, in fact many car manuals say that a water damp towel is the recommended method for cleaning leather seats. Water will help to clean any dirt on the dash as well.

Mantilgh
04-10-2015, 10:05 PM
Thank you, and good to know that about Simple Green. I have been wondering if it was suitable or not.

Now you got me wanting to order some DP or Optimum Power Clean.

Ha, and some exterior quick detailer just to experiment on the interior with. ;)

Mantilgh
04-11-2015, 12:23 AM
FWIW, I spent a little time looking at msds sheets just to see if they had any similarities, mainly Meg's. I know they do not list everything contained, but some of them do appear similar. The exterior ones do have a little higher concentrations and little higher pH. I would think that the exterior ones are not really harsh because wouldn't want to be removing anything(LSP) other than light dust or dirt.

I also looked the sheet for the Mother's instant detailer. Only thing it listed was that it contains less than 10 percent alcohol.