PDA

View Full Version : how to avoid dust on washed car

jocar
04-09-2015, 07:51 PM
After washing my black car and drying with a microfiber towel, the next day when I go out to my car it has a fine coat of dust all over it. Do you think if I used a spray wax on it after washing, that I can avoid a dusty car the next day.

david79z28
04-09-2015, 08:08 PM
I'm curious also. Nothing I've tried seams to help.

Hopefully someone will have a suggestion.

irvsmith
04-09-2015, 08:09 PM
It won't avoid the dust but it might help in getting it off the next day.

Kamakaz1961
04-09-2015, 08:14 PM
IMO just live with it. My car is black and the moment I leave the garage it accumulates dust.

Even when my car is in my garage I will get some dust. The color Black on a car IMO is the best color. However, it is also the hardest color to maintain.

If you leave your car out of a garage it will gather dust.

My other reason is if you try to get rid of dust on a regular basis; the more chances of scratching you car by trying to remove the dust.

I will RW my car about every 7 to 10 days. I live in Cali so a regular 2-bucket 2GG wash is out for the time being.

GenesisCoupe
04-09-2015, 09:37 PM
Yup..trade it in for a silver one.

JK...Not really..dust shows on a black car.. perhaps a waterless wipe down??

builthatch
04-09-2015, 10:42 PM
if it's polished to a high degree and coated or at least has a real sealant on it, just leave it. imo you are doing the best you can do without possibly inducing scratches for a couple minutes of it being covered with debris again. as soon as you drive, some of it will blow off and unless someone is up on it, the reflection from the corrected finish will shine through even as it collects dust, pollen and debris.

thankfully, rinseless washes are safe if done right and are pretty easy to do, so, when it gets too bad to bare, just give it a quick rinseless wash.

when i used to use wax, i mean, at all, i found it to ATTRACT dust. even the high tech stuff. that is how i switched to Opti-Seal and then obv eventually graduated to coatings.

Ford Fest
04-09-2015, 11:12 PM
when i used to use wax, i mean, at all, i found it to ATTRACT dust. even the high tech stuff. that is how i switched to Opti-Seal and then obv eventually graduated to coatings.

If I could get the finish perfect, I would be all for trying a coating as I have the same problem with my black car. Mine is parked in the garage for weeks at a time and the dust piles on.

trekkeruss
04-09-2015, 11:29 PM
Mine is parked in the garage for weeks at a time and the dust piles on.

Car Capsule - Indoor Car Capsule (http://carcapsule.com/)

silverfox
04-10-2015, 02:48 AM
If you use wax, ditch it. Wax attracts everything. I learned years ago, don't touch the paint between washes...period. Live with it not being perfectly clean.

Calendyr
04-10-2015, 05:01 AM
Leaf blower or a sidekick should remove that dust in 2 minutes.

Otherwise quick detailer.

Desertnate
04-10-2015, 07:44 AM
IMO just live with it. My car is black and the moment I leave the garage it accumulates dust.

Even when my car is in my garage I will get some dust. The color Black on a car IMO is the best color. However, it is also the hardest color to maintain.

Completely agree.

This time of year, the pollen starts to collect instantly when when a car is outside. I've watched the roof of my black car start turning yellow while I'm drying it off after a wash!! Very frustrating.

Dust is no different. I live in a fairly agricultural area. If the wind is blowing, a black car will get dusty. It's a fact of life.

conman1395
04-10-2015, 08:24 AM
What abot quick detailers which are anti-static such as Duragloss Fast Clean & Shine? Would these help repel dust and pollen?

FUNX650
04-10-2015, 08:24 AM
My opinion of a few dust accumulation factors:

•Static-electricity
•Dust/dust particulates are everywhere, getting ready to settle down somewhere...except in "clean rooms"
•Vehicle's paint, itself, "carries a charge"
•Rubbing on vehicle's paint to perform detailing-duties
may create/increase more static-electricity.
[Different set of circumstances than the:
"I love the way my vehicle looks and feels" crowd :eek:]

Reduction methods of dust accumulation...(?):

•Blow drying:
-Even after drying off a vehicle with a blower:
the dust, sooner or later, has to settle.

•Water:
-Water reduces static electricity a little bit, for a little while.
-Detail Sprays are mostly water.
-Use of Detail Sprays will reduce dust accumulation a little bit, for a little while.

•Note:
-I'll let someone else go into more detail of the benefits, if
any, of the use of 'grounding-devices'. :D

Bob

trashmanssd
04-10-2015, 10:06 AM
Its impossible, and on black you can see it in minutes after washing. unless....

http://www.need4speed.ws/images/uploads/speed/philip_kircher190m.jpg