PDA

View Full Version : How do you know when clay bar is done

Pages : 1 [2]

Texchappy
04-10-2015, 02:10 PM
Ontop of everyones elses advice, keep in mind...

If your unsure, just replace it.

+1

KMdef9
04-10-2015, 02:24 PM
Ontop of everyones elses advice, keep in mind...

If your unsure, just replace it.

Ugh...

*you're

Hoytman
04-10-2015, 03:24 PM
When in doubt, throw it out.

irvsmith
04-10-2015, 03:36 PM
When in doubt, throw it out.

Nice rhyme. Do you have one for when to keep using it?

Texchappy
04-10-2015, 06:11 PM
When you're sure, clay is the cure?

When not in doubt, use it you lout.

Odisious
04-10-2015, 06:16 PM
What determines when you guys stop using a clay bar besides if you drop it? I did my daughters Jeep Compass a few weeks ago and was wondering if I could use it on my wife's Cherokee or should I use a new one?

When you buy a nanoskin you know its time to stop using your clay bar(s).

swanicyouth
04-10-2015, 06:19 PM
Since clay is constantly taking on particles, it's pretty much starts to become "dirty" as soon a you start using it. Yes, you can fold it to a clean side - but there is no guarantee you won't fold it to where there is some dirt after a few dirty panels.

For this reason, I use a clay substitute. These get dirty as well - but they are cleanable.

I don't know why anyone still buys clay who knows what's up. It's like, once they invented the washing machine - I stopped going down to the river to beat my clothes on a rock.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/10/ea80c557e3319cdc9fa64d45b02bd51a.jpg

2011 Kona Blue
04-10-2015, 06:42 PM
Since clay is constantly taking on particles, it's pretty much starts to become "dirty" as soon a you start using it. Yes, you can fold it to a clean side - but there is no guarantee you won't fold it to where there is some dirt after a few dirty panels.

For this reason, I use a clay substitute. These get dirty as well - but they are cleanable.

I don't know why anyone still buys clay who knows what's up. It's like, once they invented the washing machine - I stopped going down to the river to beat my clothes on a rock.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/10/ea80c557e3319cdc9fa64d45b02bd51a.jpg

I would agree with you about traditional clay being the outdated way of doing things. The nano skin technology is the way to go. I'm so glad I got the nano skin mitt. I am not getting any marring or scratches with the mitt thus far. I think the key is making sure the clay mitt has plenty of lubrication such as Mr Pink or another super suds car wash.

I also am using my AG foam gun and spraying the car down prior to using the mitt with my Mr. Pink car suds.

Shawn1112
04-10-2015, 07:47 PM
When you buy a nanoskin you know its time to stop using your clay bar(s).
Just read some threads regarding the nanoskin. Might give it a try. How long does a mitt usually last?

Odisious
04-10-2015, 09:21 PM
Just read some threads regarding the nanoskin. Might give it a try. How long does a mitt usually last?

It is subjective. I only use on personal vehicles so only being used six times per year between three vehicles. How the vehicles are maintained makes a sizeable difference as well. I find my two coated vehicles pick up a lot less contams compared to my sealed vehicle. I, like all here, take care of my vehicles so when its time to clay I don't have so many contams that I'm shredding the nanoskin...If you are using on customer cars that leave maintenance to you, and you're doing a vehicle or two or three per week then I'm sure they won't last nearly as long.

My nanoskins are only a year old and have only been used six times, but are like new...Compared to a clay bar at the rate I'm going, my nanosponges will last at least 10 times longer so 4 or 5 years.

It is worth the consideration that even if sponges only lasted as long as clay they would still be worth it because they are extremely faster and easer to use compared to clay. The time savings has immense value.

2011 Kona Blue
04-10-2015, 09:39 PM

Around 70 times

Shawn1112
04-11-2015, 11:03 AM
No ####, I'm sold. Will order one when I place my next order

pman626
04-11-2015, 05:06 PM
I read that plumbers putty works as well.

and a fat 14oz jar of stainless putty is less than $2.

That cheap, and you don't have to worry about throwing it away so fast.

Odisious
04-11-2015, 05:28 PM
I read that plumbers putty works as well.

and a fat 14oz jar of stainless putty is less than $2.

That cheap, and you don't have to worry about throwing it away so fast.

...And my thread was locked because of my rubber glove suggestion.