PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question about my Windshield

TheAverageMan
04-08-2015, 03:33 PM
I have a new car, 2015 Honda Fit.
i want to clean the window as best I can.

Question, are these the right steps? Specifically for the windshields exterior.
D114 wash windshield
D155 fine nanoskin scrub
D114 wash again
D156 Xpress spray wax
Finished.

Questions.
Am I supposed to polish the windshield after that nanoscrubbing?
Is it even possible to marr a windshield or glass?

Thanks for reading.

LavJordan
04-08-2015, 04:16 PM
You can mar a windshield since all that is is fine scratches, all be it the deposits would have to be extremely hard to do it, it is possible. (Take sandpaper and watch) Any who, yes that is the right steps and yes you always polish after claying. Also people sometimes use a razor blade at a 45 degree angle before claying to remove as much as possible to aid your clay bar. Good luck and good for you for getting a new car.

Rsurfer
04-08-2015, 04:33 PM
You can mar a windshield since all that is is fine scratches, all be it the deposits would have to be extremely hard to do it, it is possible. (Take sandpaper and watch) Any who, yes that is the right steps and yes you always polish after claying. Also people sometimes use a razor blade at a 45 degree angle before claying to remove as much as possible to aid your clay bar. Good luck and good for you for getting a new car.

I doubt if he would need a razor blade on a new car, unless it was over-sprayed. Always polish after claying might apply to paint, but not always on glass.

FUNX650
04-08-2015, 04:43 PM
The steps, and the order in which you
have outlined them, look fine to me.

However:
I also use D114 as a clay lube product.
No need for D155 in this process, IMO.

Before polishing auto-glass:
Use several different light sources
to inspect for swirls, blemishes, etc.

Bob

LavJordan
04-08-2015, 04:48 PM
I doubt if he would need a razor blade on a new car, unless it was over-sprayed. Always polish after claying might apply to paint, but not always on glass.
I meant if you are going to polish, you always polish after claying. And he's also correct more often than not a razor blade is not neccesary unless theirs contaminants that aren't being removed by a simple window cleaner but are more than fine contaminants that a clay bar is typically used for.