PDA

View Full Version : Klasse AIO needed?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

lucky8926
04-07-2015, 06:23 PM
I have a 2014 Ram, thats barely a year old. After much research Ive decided to use Klasse, but do I need All in One since the truck is new, or can I just go with the high gloss sealant?

Rsurfer
04-07-2015, 06:30 PM
AIO will help to clean the paint before the sealant. It's called the Klasse Twins. You should clay first.

lucky8926
04-07-2015, 06:37 PM
Clay paint that's less than a year old? Is that necessary?

Don M
04-07-2015, 06:37 PM
AIO will help to clean the paint before the sealant. It's called the Klasse Twins. You should clay first.

Rsurfer is right, they are designed to work together. The only draw back is that they are not abrasive and if you have swirls in your paint, you might need to use a polish before using the twins.

I know that when the weather gets nice enough to buff my car, the first thing (besides washing and claying) is to use Megs Ultimate Polish to remove the swirls and oxidation accumulated over the winter.

conman1395
04-07-2015, 06:48 PM
Of course. It was on a truck delivered to the dealership and sat outside to be sold. There's going to be plenty of contaminants. I'll be claying a Porsche within days that it will be delivered from Germany to be picked up at the dealership. Just only a few months old and I guarantee there will be bonded contaminants to be clayed off. Can also guarantee that there will be marks needing to be polished.

Clay the car. In fact, wash it and then run your hand covered in a plastic baggie over the paint.

Rsurfer
04-07-2015, 06:51 PM

Get a zip lock bag, put your hand in and lightly rub the surface of your hood with your fingers. After that you will know why after a year you need to clay unless your truck has been garaged.

lucky8926
04-07-2015, 06:55 PM
Never thought about it that way. I always thought clay was more for older paint with oxidation. Are most clays the same, or are some better than others?

Rsurfer
04-07-2015, 07:29 PM
Never thought about it that way. I always thought clay was more for older paint with oxidation. Are most clays the same, or are some better than others?

There are different grades (coarseness) of clay. Being that your paint is only a year old and well taken care of, get a fine grade.

lucky8926
04-07-2015, 07:35 PM
Is Meguiar's smooth surface clay kit any good? I can't see what coarseness it is. Also what about Meguiar's Ultimate Polish. Only reason I ask is my local Wal Mart carry both. I don't have any issue buying online if a product is better, this just saves me shipping and time.

Don M
04-07-2015, 07:39 PM
Is Meguiar's smooth surface clay kit any good? I can't see what coarseness it is. Also what about Meguiar's Ultimate Polish. Only reason I ask is my local Wal Mart carry both. I don't have any issue buying online if a product is better, this just saves me shipping and time.

Both products are good quality and will work well. I get most of my stuff from Wal Mart too.

Ccrew
04-07-2015, 07:49 PM
Of course. It was on a truck delivered to the dealership and sat outside to be sold.

And I'll add sat at a railhead, was loaded on a train and sat at another railhead. Then Billy the dealership swirl installer got it to wash so that that rail dust gets good and embedded.

lucky8926
04-07-2015, 08:05 PM
So how's this lineup sound (
-Meguiar's clay bar
-Meguiar's Ultimate Polish
-Klasse All in one
-Klasse high gloss sealant

FUNX650
04-07-2015, 08:27 PM
So how's this lineup sound (
-Meguiar's clay bar
-Meguiar's Ultimate Polish
-Klasse All in one
-Klasse high gloss sealant
•Perform a "test spot" with the Ultimate Polish (UP)
before you do the whole vehicle.
-Hopefully UP will be enough to remove
any paint defects, swirls, scratches, etc.
that your vehicle has.

•If not...
-You will have to go to a more aggressive
approach, probably starting with Meguiar's M205...
and going up from there.

Bob

lucky8926
04-07-2015, 08:46 PM
Hopefully I wong have to go that route. Since it's a new truck the swirls and scratches are very minimal. If I do have to go with the M205, would I follow up with Ultimate Polish, or go skip it and go to Klasse AIO?

Rsurfer
04-08-2015, 12:14 AM
Hopefully I wong have to go that route. Since it's a new truck the swirls and scratches are very minimal. If I do have to go with the M205, would I follow up with Ultimate Polish, or go skip it and go to Klasse AIO?

205 finishes well..you can also skip K/AIO and go to sealant.