PDA

View Full Version : Your tire treatment preference.

Pages : [1] 2

Souldetailer
04-07-2015, 01:35 PM
Hey everybody,

I would like your best choice for a tire treatment than leaves a satin or low gloss appearance, with low slingage and durability. Yeah, I know isn't everybody looking for this. I have done
the obligatory search but I like fresh answers. You may have changed your mind or found several things that you like. Please help a guy out in his quest for excellence. Thank you and take care.

Peace,

Darrin

Stegs
04-07-2015, 01:41 PM
Hey everybody,

I would like your best choice for a tire treatment than leaves a satin or low gloss appearance, with low slingage and durability. Yeah, I know isn't everybody looking for this. I have done
the obligatory search but I like fresh answers. You may have changed your mind or found several things that you like. Please help a guy out in his quest for excellence. Thank you and take care.

Peace,

Darrin

Ive had great luck with VRP from chemical guys

It leaves a somewhat shiney gloss, but if you wipe it off right after you apply...its a dark color with no gloss

Slingage is very minimal, especially if you can let it dry for a couple house before you drive

but i was going to post a link and they dont make VRP anymore...so now i feel stupid :goodpost::applause:

FUNX650
04-07-2015, 01:43 PM
I really don't want to be redundant.
So:
What tire treatments have you previously
used...in your quest for excellence?

TIA.

Bob

Goin Rogue
04-07-2015, 01:43 PM
PERL and Hyper can be diluted to your preferred level of shine.

Souldetailer
04-07-2015, 01:44 PM
Ive had great luck with VRP from chemical guys

It leaves a somewhat shiney gloss, but if you wipe it off right after you apply...its a dark color with no gloss

Slingage is very minimal, especially if you can let it dry for a couple house before you drive

but i was going to post a link and they dont make VRP anymore...so now i feel stupid :goodpost::applause:

Thanks anyway,

I appreciated you effort, if you find something new you're digging, please let me know. Thanks.

Peace,

Darrin

trekkeruss
04-07-2015, 01:47 PM
I haven't used a lot of different products, so I cannot say which is "best." But I am mostly satisfied with the Turtle Wax Jet Black Endura Shine Coating. One layer gives a more satin shine, it doesn't sling at all, and it lasts weeks to months. The one negative is that it is tinted black, so you cannot use it for other non-black surfaces.

I want to try CarPro PERL; I've heard lots of positive feedback on it.

2011 Kona Blue
04-07-2015, 01:54 PM
Hey everybody,

Peace,

Darrin

Croftgate tire shine. Spray directly on tire to give a super glossy glazed look or spray on applicator then rub on for a less wet look.

Souldetailer
04-07-2015, 02:05 PM
I really don't want to be redundant.
So:
What tire treatments have you previously
used...in your quest for excellence?

TIA.

Bob

Hi Bob, I don't believe we have interacted in thread as of yet, whoa, but today is my lucky day. Sir Bob, when I first joined the forum I thought you were the biggest windbag the Gods of detailing have created. But then I realized you are a cut to the chase kinda guy, I appreciate this. I now find your responses are precise but with a flair for sarcasm. Again, I now respect that. Ok now that I've blown enough smoke up your ass to rival my '73 Monte Carlo on it's last legs back many tears ago, I've used Wolfgangs black diamond tire gel. I'm a newb Bob, so lead me into your land of endless wisdom with kid gloves, preferably MF.
Thanks Bob, I really I really do value your opinion. Take care.

Peace,

Darrin

Souldetailer
04-07-2015, 02:12 PM
PERL and Hyper can be diluted to your preferred level of shine.

Thank you, I will check them out.

Peace,

Darrin

SYMAWD
04-07-2015, 02:14 PM
Autofinesse Satin.

Souldetailer
04-07-2015, 02:15 PM
Croftgate tire shine. Spray directly on tire to give a super glossy glazed look or spray on applicator then rub on for a less wet look.

Thank you very much, I read that thread and it is on the top of my list. Thanks again, take care

Peace,

Darrin

DiamondShine900
04-07-2015, 02:18 PM
Iv used many tire care products throughout the years..iv used VRP,megs endurance tire gel,black magic, any many others but CG makes one called natural look tire shine check it out or view their whole line of dressings it also gives you a chart of each products shine level..but like the others said one wipe after you apply the dressing you should be alright.

Souldetailer
04-07-2015, 02:28 PM
Autofinesse Satin.

Thank you. I appreciate it. Take care

Peace,

Darrin

Souldetailer
04-07-2015, 02:32 PM
Iv used many tire care products throughout the years..iv used VRP,megs endurance tire gel,black magic, any many others but CG makes one called natural look tire shine check it out or view their whole line of dressings it also gives you a chart of each products shine level..but like the others said one wipe after you apply the dressing you should be alright.

Thank you, you crazy Diamond. I'm gonna try them all. Thanks again.

Peace,

Darrin

Desertnate
04-07-2015, 02:33 PM
I like Duragloss 253 as a dressing that provides a natural look and lasts several weeks to a month-ish under the right conditions.

For something more permanent, I'm trying out the Turtle Wax Jet Black tire coating. So far the coating is working really well. There is a very long thread here with lots of other comments and views on the product if you're interested.