PDA

View Full Version : wax on wax

jocar
04-07-2015, 12:31 PM
I own a new black Honda accord and I waxed it with a liquid synthetic wax, it looks good but am wondering if I can now use a carnuba wax over it and is there any advantage to this. If its ok how long should I wait before applying the carnuba.

trekkeruss
04-07-2015, 12:38 PM
I own a new black Honda accord and I waxed it with a liquid synthetic wax, it looks good but am wondering if I can now use a carnuba wax over it

Yes you can.

is there any advantage to this.

Some will say yes, others no.

how long should I wait before applying the carnuba.

Don't wait, wait one hour, wait one day. Your choice. I don't really know if there is a correct answer. It may depend upon the exact products you are using, or thinking of using.

FUNX650
04-07-2015, 01:08 PM
[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mevxenJ6Mtc"]"Go ahead, make my day" - Dirty Harry - YouTube[/video]

Bob

Jaretr1
04-07-2015, 01:10 PM
I own a new black Honda accord and I waxed it with a liquid synthetic wax, it looks good but am wondering if I can now use a carnuba wax over it and is there any advantage to this. If its ok how long should I wait before applying the carnuba.

The advantage is you will help the product makers sell more product. If its a wax with no cleaning properties, it wont hurt. Whether or not if it will make a difference in looks is purely subjective. Wont do much as far as additional protection.