PDA

View Full Version : Tacoma Bed Care

NelsonS
04-07-2015, 07:57 AM
I am new to this forum and new to a lot of the car care products out there. Last week I purchased my first new vehicle ever. 2015 Tacoma double cab TRD 4x4 in magnetic slate grey. I purchased the Klasse kit and for the most part use seems pretty straight forward. The directions for the AIO state that it is safe to use on non porous surfaces. I am wondering if that would include the composite bed? It is a truck and I am not worried about possible scratches etc in the bed. I just don't want the bed to fade like so many trim pieces on other vehicles. Any input or suggestions for other products would be greatly appreciated.

PA DETAILER
04-07-2015, 08:13 AM
Well if it's like a liner i would look into 303 aerospace protectant. It will save it from fading.

Don M
04-07-2015, 09:12 AM
Are you saying the bed of the truck is made of a composite (like a Corvette's body) or that you had a composite liner sprayed or placed in the bed? Makes a huge difference.

If you're saying it's built OF a composite (like a 'vette) and is painted, then it's cared for the way you would care for any other painted surface. If it's a bed liner (sprayed in or laid in) then the 303 suggestion is a good idea.

Islandflyin
04-07-2015, 09:50 AM
The inside of a Tacoma box is black plastic, it is not painted like a corvette.

I use 303 on mine.

Don M
04-07-2015, 09:53 AM

I use 303 on mine.

I must have read it wrong, it sounded like they had mad the bed itself out of a composite, not just the interior/liner

hollerstiltner
04-07-2015, 10:00 AM

I use 303 on mine.

Correct. Inside is black plastic. I've not treated mine, ever. If I were to, I'd do 303 or try something like UTTG or other durable trim coating.

Let us know what you go with. If it works well I may give it a shot.

ryandamartini
04-07-2015, 10:23 AM
I use hyper dressing on the trim on top of the bed. 303 for the bed itself.

NelsonS
04-07-2015, 11:03 AM
Thanks for the quick replies and good advice. I will probably give the 303 a shot. I haven't heard of 303 before now and did not know that a spray on protectant could last a while exposed to weather. Also great to know that another tacoma owner has been happy using it.

ryandamartini
04-07-2015, 11:11 AM
Thanks for the quick replies and good advice. I will probably give the 303 a shot. I haven't heard of 303 before now and did not know that a spray on protectant could last a while exposed to weather. Also great to know that another tacoma owner has been happy using it.

I love it for the protection and matte finish. Really good stuff.

fly07sti
04-07-2015, 11:20 AM
Congrats on the new ride. Since it's new and you want to keep it looking that way for a long time, look into CarPro's Dlux. Recently did all the trim and mirrors on my 2010 Tundra and couldn't be happier.

NelsonS
04-12-2015, 01:17 AM
Appreciate it, and I appreciate all the advice from everyone. Ordered up some 303 to try first. If I am not fond of it I will take a look at Carpros Dlux. Two interesting options with products I had never knew about.