PDA

View Full Version : Troubled with Holograms

MITeggy17
08-30-2007, 01:03 PM
Well first off I'll quickly introduce myself. My name is Zach and I'm new here but I've been over at Autopia for a little bit. I'm always around looking at some of the great work people do.

Okay so down to the situation:

I have been detailing cars for a family I am very good friend for a couple years or so. I take car of all their cars. Recently they bought a BMW Z4 M Edition and when they brought it home the first thing I noticed were the tons of holograms that came on the car from the dealership. The car only has 11xxx miles on it and the paint is great other than the holograms.

So far I've removed most of the swirls by using Poorboy's SSR 2 via orange pad and following that with Optimum Polish via white pad. After that the holograms are still there and I'm not sure what to do. This is really the first car I have run into with hololgrams. They must be deep?

Can anyone help me out as to what I can do to get these things out. Any help is much appreciated :D.

Thanks in advance,

Zach

ScottB
08-30-2007, 08:11 PM
holograms are normally induced when using a very abrasive polish and pad combo. In order to remove them, it is usually best to move down a pad while using the same polish first. Then as they are removed and may leave some light micromarring behind, you can change to a lighter polish and same or lighter pad. Unfortunately in this case it is step by step, and making a big leap wont help. Patience will be a virtue.