PDA

View Full Version : Got an idea for those living with water restrictions ie California

ihaveacamaro
04-06-2015, 08:00 PM
So not sure if this would be a viable method or not, but here's my grand idea.

If you live in a place with water restrictions, buy a bottle of UWW+ ready-made version (or any other ready made waterless wash). Also buy the concentrate. Instead of putting the concentrate in your own spray bottle, just keep refilling the ready made one. If anyone asks, you didn't use any california water because it's the water and product you bought from autogeek in sunny Florida!

No one can prove that you have made the product from a concentrate instead of just buying pre-made bottles all the time right?

Of course, this would assume of course that your car only needed a waterless wash.

So what do you think people with water restrictions? Would this fly because of technicalities or would it still get more bad attention than its worth?

Klasse Act
04-06-2015, 08:22 PM
My suggestion, after you graduate.....MOVE!

...in the meantime, can you just buy distilled water at the stores there?

I heard about this 5 minute shower thing coming and getting fined, what a world we live in :nomore:

ihaveacamaro
04-06-2015, 09:12 PM
My suggestion, after you graduate.....MOVE!

...in the meantime, can you just buy distilled water at the stores there?

I heard about this 5 minute shower thing coming and getting fined, what a world we live in :nomore:

well I'm not in California, just wondering for others. I'm happy in my humidity and lots of rain :)

Real Riders
04-06-2015, 11:16 PM
Governor Brown has a $500 fine for anyone who takes a shower too long or uses too much water (washing cars - watering lawns). The Governor will never be able to conserve his way out of this drought. There are too many people in California and too many farmers needing water

oldmodman
04-07-2015, 04:04 AM
We in California just have to stand up to the farm lobby.

They use 80% of the water and only contribute 2% to the economy.

It's would be cheaper to just shut down all the farms and inject the excess water back down into the ground to replenish the aquifiers. I can certainly do without almonds or oranges until it starts to rain again.

With a nearly 80% drop in overall water demand I wonder how long it would take to refill all our reservoirs?

silverfox
04-07-2015, 04:45 AM
California produces food for the entire country. Politically, having people stop washing cars, filling swimming pools, and watering lawns ..is far more palatable politically... than killing thousands of farm jobs, and forcing mass importation of food from countries that don't have food safety regulations, while driving up food costs across the country. Yes, the illegal immigrant lobby would love sending farm jobs back to Mexico...but politically...it ain't happening.

Being retired on a fixed income, my wife and I are already spending over $500/month on food just the two of us. Imagine the political backlash if everybody's food budget went way up. Votes lost...lots of votes lost.

spence
04-07-2015, 02:54 PM
Good thoughtful comments, we in CA have to figure out how better ways use less water until this drought ends like the last one before this. It is just like figuring out better easier ways to detail our cars It is a challenge and sometimes it is fun to take on a challenge. I have been experimenting with different washless and rinseless methods. I have about got it down pat, but still have no good way to clean the wheels wo rinsing with water or sacrificing a mf towel. Any body with a good method ?

Desertnate
04-07-2015, 03:05 PM
Maybe PBMG needs to start looking at a baby-wipe like product like the 303 wipes?

Mild ones on a super soft cloth for paint. Slightly coarser ones with a stronger detergent for the wheels. Make them biodegradable so no one can complain about loading up the land fills.

They could market them under the DP label.

DogRescuer
04-07-2015, 04:00 PM
Hows he going to know how long a shower runs?

swanicyouth
04-07-2015, 08:39 PM
Hows he going to know how long a shower runs?

Mandatory peep holes