PDA

View Full Version : Help adding to collection

dbreeze225
04-06-2015, 09:07 AM
hey guys quick question but let me tell you what i have already. DA polisher/buffer, hexlogic pads (whole set), meguiar's M105 ultra cut compound, meguiar's ultimate compound, meguiar's ultimate polish, meguiar's gold class liquid wax, meguiar's gold class paste wax, mother's MTECH instant detailer. ok that being said the 2 things i don't have is a "glaze" and a "sealer" if you guys had to choose one of the 2 to get first which would it be glaze or sealant? also 1 more question i was looking at meguiar's site and for 2 products "M20 Polymer sealant" and "M21 synthetic sealant" can any one give me info on these to product what would be better to use with the set up i got or explain differences. it sounds like the synthetic is just that a sealant. but i thought all sealants are synthetic so whats the deal with the polymer sealant? Thanks ahead of time i appreciate any info any one has to give on these products or any others for that matter that should be added to my collection

DiamondShine900
04-07-2015, 05:17 PM
My personal favorite is CG glossworks glaze..sealants I'd choose jetseal it gives 12 months of protectiin.. Check CG out at www.chemicalguys.com..their products smell amazing plus prices are good not too bad thou..also try the ammo line AMMO NYC | DRIVE + PROTECT (http://www.ammonyc.com)

DiamondShine900
04-07-2015, 05:22 PM
I forgot to add some items you may like I'll post them below...

1.microfiber towels
2.detailing brushes
3.Daytona speed master wheel brush
4.waffle weave drying towel
5.car drying blower
6.tire dressings water-based
7.wheel cleaners acid-free

whavens
04-07-2015, 05:29 PM
What do you mean by a full set of pads? If you only have one of each, you should probably invest in more pads, as you should probably change pads after finishing a panel. If you have multiples then you should be in good shape.

trekkeruss
04-07-2015, 05:44 PM
2 things i don't have is a "glaze" and a "sealer" if you guys had to choose one of the 2 to get first which would it be glaze or sealant?

Is this collection for your own personal use?

You don't "need" a glaze. Glazes are kinda old school. If you wax often (and enjoy it), you don't "need" a sealant either. The primary benefit of a sealant is that they generally last longer than wax. But if you want them just to try them, there's nothing wrong with that...that's part of the fun. :xyxthumbs:

i was looking at meguiar's site and for 2 products "M20 Polymer sealant" and "M21 synthetic sealant" can any one give me info on these to product what would be better to use with the set up i got or explain differences. it sounds like the synthetic is just that a sealant. but i thought all sealants are synthetic so whats the deal with the polymer sealant?

I believe Mike Phillips classifies M20 as a hybrid wax; it has some natural wax in it. M21 is a 100% synthetic sealant.

Since you already have Ultimate Compound and Polish, you might consider Ultimate Wax as well. It is actually a sealant. I have used UW; it's pretty good.

The Guz
04-07-2015, 06:20 PM
M20 has a light cleaner in it but is synthetic sealant. M21 is strictly a sealant. Ultimate wax is another good sealant from Meguiar's.

FUNX650
04-07-2015, 06:28 PM
•M21 is a Finishing Sealant...
-Apply it to paint that's considered to already be in
excellent condition through previous cleaning and/or
polishing steps.
-Obtain glossy Sealant-results.

•M20 is a Cleaner-Sealant.
-Use as you would an AIO
-Obtain high-gloss Sealant-results.

Bob