PDA

View Full Version : Wheels Wells

Pages : [1] 2

JozMotorsports
04-05-2015, 11:20 PM
Hey Guys,

What do you recommened for wheels wells? After cleaning what are you spraying on? I have been using Stoner's Trim Shine but am not thrilled with the "spray and walk away" results. I normally have to go back in and wipe them all down for a uniform shine and to remove streaks.

Is there anything out there you can literally "spray and walk away?"

Thanks,

builthatch
04-05-2015, 11:28 PM
Meguiar's Hyper dressing @ 4:1 has been my go-to for several years. works well for uncoated plastic fender liners. you can dilute it a bit more for an even more matte result.

Pureshine
04-05-2015, 11:34 PM
You can use Carpros Dulx which will last much longer.

VISITOR
04-05-2015, 11:36 PM
just about any water-based dressing will do, either HD or PERL at 3:1 works well...

Mask
04-06-2015, 12:33 AM
I had very good result with carpro Dlux. Can top it with perl undiluted for extra matt shine.

KMdef9
04-06-2015, 01:44 AM
You can use Carpros Dulx which will last much longer.

I had very good result with carpro Dlux. Can top it with perl undiluted for extra matt shine.

This is not a spray on walk away product like the OP requested.

Everything I've used required a quick wipe after. Bare Bones, Silk Shine, TW and Perl all required going back and wiping down for even coverage.

JozMotorsports
04-06-2015, 04:07 AM
Thanks for the info guys. My normal routine is just as you said. Spray on and let sit, then go back and wipe them all down...was just hoping there was something out there more efficient.

Thank you again for your input. I will give the Meguiars and DLUX a try.

Best Regards,
Nate

PA DETAILER
04-06-2015, 07:20 AM
Meguiar's Hyper dressing @ 4:1 has been my go-to for several years. works well for uncoated plastic fender liners. you can dilute it a bit more for an even more matte result.

:dblthumb2: All i use now for the wells. SOWA DONE!

I have used about every product for this. The oily ones may last longer, but always streaked. You have to get in there with a applicator and even it out. Not my idea of fun. With hyper dressing @ 4:1 you just sowa. Leaves a perfect no drip finish every time. Great on engines too! And safe.

KMdef9
04-06-2015, 07:48 AM
Thanks for the info guys. My normal routine is just as you said. Spray on and let sit, then go back and wipe them all down...was just hoping there was something out there more efficient.

Thank you again for your input. I will give the Meguiars and DLUX a try.

Best Regards,
Nate

DLUX is NOT a SOWA. It's a trim sealant/coating.

Jaretr1
04-06-2015, 12:36 PM
I do not look in my wheel wells. Problem solved :)

trekkeruss
04-06-2015, 12:47 PM

It's easy to ignore wheel wells on vehicles like sports cars, where the wheels and tires fill the wells, practically touching the fenders. But on my '09 Element, for example, it has the square-ish wells, so you can't help but see the plastic liners and whatnot.

builthatch
04-06-2015, 03:12 PM

off topic but is that an SE-R? my friend had a B13 Sentra SE-R with a bazillion miles and it was awesome. then my girlfriend when i was a kid picked up a B14 Sentra SE-R and that too was super fun.

Rsurfer
04-06-2015, 03:46 PM
This is not a spray on walk away product like the OP requested.

Everything I've used required a quick wipe after. Bare Bones, Silk Shine, TW and Perl all required going back and wiping down for even coverage.

I've used Bare Bones for years and never had to wipe it down and it remains streak free. SOWA for me.

DasBurninator
04-06-2015, 04:12 PM
Hyper Dressing works great. I also use Adam's undercarriage spray. I like the way it clings to wheel wells better than hyper dressing.

It's easy to ignore wheel wells on vehicles like sports cars, where the wheels and tires fill the wells, practically touching the fenders. But on my '09 Element, for example, it has the square-ish wells, so you can't help but see the plastic liners and whatnot.

Disagree. My car is on bags and I still scrub my wheel wells because they are seen even aired out.

builthatch
04-06-2015, 05:17 PM
yeah i also hit wells with the unbent Daytona when i do wheels. if there is room to use the Daytona, the front and rear of the well can likely be seen when standing, esp. if the sun is shining in the right manner.

a dressed (or even better, coated) well, even if only a small portion can be seen, looks WAY better than one that isn't.