PDA

View Full Version : Quick dusting?????

CanuckCleaner
04-05-2015, 10:55 AM
Hey Guys

I've done a fair bit of paint correction to my trans am. Over the winter I had a cover on it which left some marring. I've now polished that out and am not going to put a cover back on the car but when the car sits in the garage during the week it can and will collect some dust. What's the best method to give it a quick dusting before going for a drive? Quick detailer and a nice microfibre?

irvsmith
04-05-2015, 11:21 AM
Yes that is what I would suggest. Next step up for me has been a quick rinse and drying aid with MF towels.

Ebg18t
04-05-2015, 11:30 AM
How about a car capsule?

Indoor CarCapsule (http://carcapsule.com/indoor-carcapsule/)

Mask
04-05-2015, 11:49 AM
Yes that is what I would suggest. Next step up for me has been a quick rinse and drying aid with MF towels.

This ^^
a blower or a quick spin will pull most of the dust off.

Regards

2black1s
04-05-2015, 12:05 PM
California Car Duster. I have a black truck and two black bikes. The duster works efficiently and effectively when used appropriately. You just need to use a little common sense in determining when and when not to use it. It's not for cleaning a dirty car but it works great for light dust. Then follow-up with your quick-detailer if desired.

As for the car cover, what kind were you using? I've used 100% cotton, flannel lined covers without issue. Again, common sense is required... The car must be clean before using the cover and it goes without saying that the cover must be clean.

davidc
04-05-2015, 12:35 PM
Groits has a great long fiber micro fiber duster, I use it weekly and have not noticed any marring. When it gets dirty I wash it in the sink and air dry.

Dave

CanuckCleaner
04-05-2015, 04:10 PM
Cool thanks guys this is what I expected but wanted some feedback.

Rsurfer
04-05-2015, 04:55 PM
This ^^
a blower or a quick spin will pull most of the dust off.

Regards

I don't know what kind of dust you have in your part of the country, but mine won't come off with a quick spin.:props:

Ebg18t
04-05-2015, 05:50 PM
I don't know what kind of dust you have in your part of the country, but mine won't come off with a quick spin.:props:

Not here either. Way to humid for the dust to just blo off.

CanuckCleaner
04-05-2015, 08:02 PM
Yeah the dust here doesn't come of with a quick spin either. It needs to be wiped with something and I was hoping for the most efficient and stress free to the paint way to do it.

Mask
04-05-2015, 09:20 PM

Then it might be the "stubborn" dust ^^
I will pressure wash and use a rinseless for this case lol :D

Regards

KMdef9
04-05-2015, 09:34 PM
Try a WW with some quality MF's.