PDA

View Full Version : Interior plastic

robvasi
04-04-2015, 03:57 PM
There are scuff marks on the plastic panels below the seats. These are not scratches, just scuff marks. I went to a local Auto parts store and a Meguiar's product was recommended. I applied it as per the instructions and it removed the scuff marks, but also discolored and dulled the finish.

When I had the side windows tinted a few days ago, I presented this problem to the lady at the shop. She suggested I use MarkV MVP Blue Dressing. She brought out a one gallon jug and I applied it to the section of the piece that was discolored. Now that area is darker than the rest of the piece and more shiny. I like this new appearance, but this means that I have to apply this, or some other product, to the remainder of this piece and to the same piece on the passenger seat base.

Is the MarkV Blue Dressing the appropriate product to use for the interior plastic? Now that a small section has this product applied, I suppose I must use this product on the entire plastic piece. However, if it will damage the plastic then I need to find another solution.

Is there another product I should use?