PDA

View Full Version : Rupes vs Flex 3401 VRG vs GG6 with MF

Krisek
04-04-2015, 12:02 AM
Hi Guys,

My old UDM is killing me vibration performance wise ....

Looking at getting new supplies ;My choices

Rupes 15
or
Flex 3401

+ Manzerna x 2 Polishes + Orange, White, Black foam pads, I've read that MF pads are not a good choice for Forced rotation

Vs

Griot Garage 6 + Meguiars MF pads + 300/301 Polishes

Is the Pad selection OK, what exact Manzerna polishes should I get or some other polishes ?

This is for personal family use ....

Used with Subaru, Porsche, BMW, Hyundai and Chrysler/ Mercedes clearcoats
But mainly it will be used with softer paints; Porsche

Any advice is appreciated

RPM_BR
04-04-2015, 07:18 AM
Flex 3401, LC backing plate system for the Flex, Hybrids pads, 4 orange, 4 white 2 blacks, Menzerna 300 or 400, Menzerna 4000, and maybe a smaller bottle of 4500 for jewelling. MF can be used with the Flex, but orange pads will take care of most corrections needed.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
04-04-2015, 07:19 AM
If you want to go with the Flex 3401, your best bet is with a wool pad rather than a mf pad. The Hybrid pad line is the way to equip this machine.

If you are going to get started on the Menzerna range, pick up FG400 and SF4000. This way your basic compounding/polishing areas are covered. Either of these products can double as a one step polish depending on what pad is used.

ryandamartini
04-04-2015, 07:25 AM
If you want to go with the Flex 3401, your best bet is with a wool pad rather than a mf pad. The Hybrid pad line is the way to equip this machine.

If you are going to get started on the Menzerna range, pick up FG400 and SF4000. This way your basic compounding/polishing areas are covered. Either of these products can double as a one step polish depending on what pad is used.

:iagree:

I had a real bear of a time deciding on RUPES or FLEX. I went with FLEX in the end because of how well it behaves with multiple pad sizes and how powerful it is. Both have their merits but I believe FLEX to be the superior Swiss army knife as it were.

silverfox
04-04-2015, 07:34 AM
The Rupes is more efficient if used within its own ecosystem including polishes, pads, etc. In my view it requires a longer learning curve and patience. The flex will work great will lots of different pads and polishes. The only negative is that it can get away from you (and is a physically more demanding tool). I think its better suited to beginners than the Rupes.

KBsToy
04-04-2015, 07:43 AM
I just used my Mequires 300 Mt on my car and it worked better then my Griots 6".

As stated-money, weekend detailer, pro and what you want out of it should go into your decision.

Krisek
04-04-2015, 08:12 AM
HEy guys,

Thank you for all responses!

I came across rupes UHS polish + pad.... For one step
Is there something similar for Flex?

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
04-04-2015, 08:26 AM
HEy guys,

Thank you for all responses!

I came across rupes UHS polish + pad.... For one step
Is there something similar for Flex?

Yes.

White Hybrid pad paired with Menzerna PF2500.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
04-04-2015, 08:31 AM
You could also use Menzerna's new 3n1 AIO product with a White Hybrid pad for an AIO detail as the new 3n1 posses the same polishing powder found in PF2500.
Menzerna 3 in 1 Cut, Gloss & Wax (http://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-3-in-1-cut-gloss-wax.html)

Krisek
04-04-2015, 08:36 AM
Mike, thank you again

I have stock of Lc HD pads is that good alternative to Hybrid pads?

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
04-04-2015, 08:41 AM
Mike, thank you again

I have stock of Lc HD pads is that good alternative to Hybrid pads?

The HD pads were designed for the RUPES machines whereas the Hybrids were designed for the 3401.

That's not to say you can't use them interchangeably. However keep in mind each pad lines designation.

dlc95
04-04-2015, 09:31 AM
If you wanted to try MF on the Flex, try the Lake Country mf rotary pads, or Megs mf finishing pads.

If I had to have one of those two, it would for sure be the 3401.