PDA

View Full Version : Do i have the right suff for the job?

RJAC
04-03-2015, 08:53 PM
Hello all I just purchased a flex xc3401 DA along with the light swirl remover kit. I have a Black 2015 BMW X5 that i just recently noticed a 1-2 line scuff/scratch down the center of the hood as if something was placed there and slid off.The scuff isnt deep i think its just in the clear coat.I would like to use my Flex DA to fix the problem but i dont know if the kit that i purchased is enough to correct the issue. im new to using a polisher.
Do i have enough pads ,is the XMT light swirl remover kit the right stuff or should i get something else, Can i do a spot correction,the entre hood or is the entire vehicle going to have to be done to maintain uniformity and how do i polish around the raised lines in the hood. Please Help a Newbee Thanks

ryandamartini
04-03-2015, 09:54 PM
Hello all I just purchased a flex xc3401 DA along with the light swirl remover kit. I have a Black 2015 BMW X5 that i just recently noticed a 1-2 line scuff/scratch down the center of the hood as if something was placed there and slid off.The scuff isnt deep i think its just in the clear coat.I would like to use my Flex DA to fix the problem but i dont know if the kit that i purchased is enough to correct the issue. im new to using a polisher.
Do i have enough pads ,is the XMT light swirl remover kit the right stuff or should i get something else, Can i do a spot correction,the entre hood or is the entire vehicle going to have to be done to maintain uniformity and how do i polish around the raised lines in the hood. Please Help a Newbee Thanks

You should certainly be able to take a stab out of it. What exactly is in your kit?

Thanks.

RJAC
04-03-2015, 11:24 PM
Hi the kit is the xmt light swirl remover kit which includes
xmt fine swirl remover#2 , ultra fine swirl remover#1 ,xmt carnauba finishing glaze, 1ccs orange 6.5 pad, 1ccs white 6.5 pad, 2ccs grey pads
2 microfiber towels, 1polish n wax applicator,foam pad cleaner,foam pad conditioner

binly
04-03-2015, 11:26 PM
One orange pad is enough for just that part of the vehicle, but if you were to do more you would need more than one. You can just Polish that part though and be fine

ryandamartini
04-03-2015, 11:29 PM
Hi the kit is the xmt light swirl remover kit which includes
xmt fine swirl remover#2 , ultra fine swirl remover#1 ,xmt carnauba finishing glaze, 1ccs orange 6.5 pad, 1ccs white 6.5 pad, 2ccs grey pads
2 microfiber towels, 1polish n wax applicator,foam pad cleaner,foam pad conditioner

Try #2 with orange. Do a couple of complete passes over the section. Follow up with white and #1 and see how it looks!