PDA

View Full Version : Detailed my '03 Silverado

david b
04-03-2015, 11:32 AM
I just completed my very first detail on my '03 Silverado/100K+ miles DD.

I followed the typical procedure - wash(Pinnacle Body Shampoo), dry, & clay. Used the PC 7424 XP with LC 5.5 orange, white, and blue pads. Applied Meg #9 Swirl Remover 2.0, then Pinnacle Cleansing Lotion and followed it up with Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax.

Did the windows with Pinnacle Glass Cleaner and followed it up with Pinnacle Sealant.

Used Pinnacle Wheel Cleaner and Onyx tire dressing(Speedmaster Wheel Brush is a must have).

Cleaned the interior with DP Interior Cleaner and followed it up with DP Protectant.

I appreciate the Forum members offering tips/advice/suggestions and of course, the how-to articles and videos. It made for an awesome "first time" experience. Hopefully, my truck survives a few more harsh, Wisconsin winters.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
04-03-2015, 01:40 PM
Looking good David! Nice looking Silverado.

JHL88
04-03-2015, 01:47 PM
Looks fantastic David. Its nice seeing a clean Silverado of that generation. All the ones out here are really rough looking.

Kamakaz1961
04-03-2015, 02:14 PM
Wow!! Beautiful work!!

david b
04-03-2015, 03:47 PM
I botched the pictures - thought they'd appear in the body of the message but came up as thumbnails. This newbie has a lot to learn - about detailing and uploading pics!

Souldetailer
04-03-2015, 03:58 PM
Awesome job! How do you feel? Elated I hope because your truck looks awesome. Good job. Take care.

Peace,

Darrin

Krwtek1
04-03-2015, 05:08 PM
Looks great! You are correct, this board and its members have a ton to offer us part time guys.

Rsurfer
04-03-2015, 05:50 PM
I just completed my very first detail on my '03 Silverado/100K+ miles DD.

I followed the typical procedure - wash(Pinnacle Body Shampoo), dry, & clay. Used the PC 7424 XP with LC 5.5 orange, white, and blue pads. Applied Meg #9 Swirl Remover 2.0, then Pinnacle Cleansing Lotion and followed it up with Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax.

Did the windows with Pinnacle Glass Cleaner and followed it up with Pinnacle Sealant.

Used Pinnacle Wheel Cleaner and Onyx tire dressing(Speedmaster Wheel Brush is a must have).

Cleaned the interior with DP Interior Cleaner and followed it up with DP Protectant.

I appreciate the Forum members offering tips/advice/suggestions and of course, the how-to articles and videos. It made for an awesome "first time" experience. Hopefully, my truck survives a few more harsh, Wisconsin winters.

Very nice David. The only questionable step was using Pinnacle Souveran as your LSP. Souveran is a beauty wax and has poor durability compared to sealants or some hybred waxes. Don't get me wrong as I use Souveran, but I only have half the real estate to wax. If you enjoy waxing every 4-6 weeks, go for it my friend.

VroomVroom
04-03-2015, 10:20 PM
The truck looks terrific! I've done lots of GM trucks & SUV's over the years, and your generation remains my favorite. Nice to see one so loved.