PDA

View Full Version : Enviroguard

KyleWrap
04-02-2015, 11:44 AM
A buddy of mine bought a 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek and opted to have the enviroguard put on (well, his wife convinced him too). The dealership charged him roughly $800 for it. The paint color is Dark Gray Metallic

I was looking at the paint yesterday and it seemed to be in good condition, with a few scratches here and there. Although, i was just giving it a quick once over.

I've read that this is just a scam by the dealerships (which was my initial thought). I can't recall if he has a warranty on it or not.

How would you handle a paint correction job on this? I've never ran into this before. I think he opted to have the Enviroguard applied to the interior as well.

Edit: He DOES have the lifetime warranty

Darren L
04-02-2015, 12:00 PM
We got a 2014 and I told them not to wash it or anything but they did anyway and there was tons of swirl marks.
I just got a bottle of Menzerna SF4000 and getting ready to out and try it, gonna start with a light polishing pad maybe a Black LC pad.

KyleWrap
04-02-2015, 12:04 PM
Did they put the enviroguard on it though? It doesnt sound like you opted for it.

builthatch
04-02-2015, 12:11 PM
A buddy of mine bought a 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek and opted to have the enviroguard put on (well, his wife convinced him too). The dealership charged him roughly $800 for it. The paint color is Dark Gray Metallic

I was looking at the paint yesterday and it seemed to be in good condition, with a few scratches here and there. Although, i was just giving it a quick once over.

I've read that this is just a scam by the dealerships (which was my initial thought). I can't recall if he has a warranty on it or not.

How would you handle a paint correction job on this? I've never ran into this before. I think he opted to have the Enviroguard applied to the interior as well.

Edit: He DOES have the lifetime warranty

i'm sure he does if he paid $800 for it. so, he should check into that first. at the minimum, it will help you and him document what kind of scam it really is or isn't. but, as far as product, 99% sure it's just a sealant. correct as needed, finish polish the whole thing and coat with a good coating. how is the paint on those? wonder if it's like the japanese built WRX/STI paint. anyway, personally, i'd correct as needed, finish polish with Hyper and coat with Gloss-Coat. simple, effective.

KyleWrap
04-02-2015, 12:16 PM
I do have a brand new bottle of Opti-Seal maybe i could use. along with some Collinite 845. I havent researched the paint but my WRX paint is soft im thinking its the same. But thats just me assuming (Which is always the safest thing to do when it comes to detailing :joking: )

octane
04-02-2015, 12:57 PM
So his wife made him take the 800$ paint protection, and he wants it off the car, does his wife know? lol

KyleWrap
04-02-2015, 01:09 PM
Haha yeah we were talking about it yesterday. It's not that he wants it off..it's just i did notice some scratches and stuff on the car. In the future, if he wanted a detail, i am wondering how this would effect how i work. Supposedly this last 7 years lol.