PDA

View Full Version : Question

gordster1122
04-02-2015, 10:09 AM
This morning I was going to polish and wax my brothers car I started in the morning was perfect got the car claybared and was almost done compounding the car however the weather suddenly changed and started raining and had to stop now when it gets nice outside again can I finish where I left off or start over ?

Mike Phillips
04-02-2015, 10:52 AM
This morning I was going to polish and wax my brothers car I started in the morning was perfect got the car claybared and was almost done compounding the car however the weather suddenly changed and started raining and had to stop

now when it gets nice outside again can I finish where I left off or start over ?

Great question!

Assuming you are planning on doing some type of follow-up polishing step after the compounding step if it were me I would move to the next step and polish the paint.

If the car is parked outside then you should consider washing the car before you start polishing just to ensure the paint is clean from any airborne dirt or contaminants.

If it's in a garage then simply wipe her down with a spray detailer and a clean, microfiber towel.

It's important to always work clean especially when working on scratch-sensitive surfaces like automotive clearcoats.

What are you working on?

:xyxthumbs:

kecko
04-02-2015, 10:59 AM
Thank you gordster1122 for asking this question because I wondered the same thing. Thanks, Mike for your answer. I know I'll run into this problem at some point and I often wondered about it.

gordster1122
04-02-2015, 11:08 AM
Thanks mike im working outside I was going to follow up with Meguiars ultimate polish and cant decide between ultimate wax or M26 ?? im working on an 08 Dodge charger

The Guz
04-02-2015, 11:33 AM
Thanks mike im working outside I was going to follow up with Meguiars ultimate polish and cant decide between ultimate wax or M26 ?? im working on an 08 Dodge charger

Depends on what you are looking for. Ultimate wax is a sealant and will outlast M26.

Mask
04-03-2015, 12:05 AM
Anything left overnight is wiser to do a quick wipe down. In this case, I suggest using meguiars D114 dilute in a spray bottle.
Ultimate polish and ultimate wax work well together.

Regards :D