PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle Paintwork Cleanser?

phosphene
04-02-2015, 04:46 AM
I am about to spring detail a few cars and I was thinking I needed to squeeze in a paintwork cleanser (Pinnacle) either before the clay, polish or glaze, but after some searching I don't think I even need it. I know that polishing with something like Menzerna 4000 is going to remove my previous season's sealant and wax but I didn't know if the Pinnacle did something extra to prepare my paint surface for a new round of protection/wax. If I don't need it, I will just:

Wash/Dry
Clay
Menzerna 4000 or 4500
Poorboys Glaze
Wolfgang 3.0 sealant
Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
04-02-2015, 05:14 AM
I am about to spring detail a few cars and I was thinking I needed to squeeze in a paintwork cleanser (Pinnacle) either before the clay, polish or glaze, but after some searching I don't think I even need it. I know that polishing with something like Menzerna 4000 is going to remove my previous season's sealant and wax but I didn't know if the Pinnacle did something extra to prepare my paint surface for a new round of protection/wax. If I don't need it, I will just:

A paintwork cleanser such as the Pinnacle version, Wolfgang version, P21S version etc are used for cleaning up the paint say four to six months down the road after an initial LSP application. This is just to freshen up the surface for application of another round of LSP.

If you are going to use a mild polish to remove light swirls, towel marring, etc you will not need the Paint Work Enhancer.

Wash/Dry
Clay
Menzerna 4000 or 4500
Poorboys Glaze
Wolfgang 3.0 sealant
Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax

This is the normal routine when doing a spring detail for a car that has been in service during the prior months.

If the car has been mostly in storage mode and not driven much you could substitute your light polishing session and use the Paint Work Polish Enhancer.

phosphene
04-02-2015, 04:25 PM
Thanks for your reply, that will save me a step and that's always welcome.