PDA

View Full Version : One step light correction for BMW alpine white

ch35iM
04-01-2015, 08:21 PM
I have a BMW X3 F25 in alpine white that I've buffed out once before with megs ultimate polish and a white LC CCS pad on a Griots 6 inch DA a little over a year ago. The cars paint was in overall in excellent condition (just some water spots, very light scratches and swirls etc.) and this combo worked okay.. it just didnt hit the medium scratches only the light scratches and I had to work it in pretty long to do so.

Now, my car is need of another light polish (especially since some scratches remained after last polish) and I'm thinking of trying the Menzerna PF2500 as a one step, I've heard good things about this. Sound like a good idea? Also, should I stick with the white pads or change pads?

North26
04-01-2015, 09:25 PM
They are similar products by design, both intended to slightly cut and polish. The Menz may have a little more bite to it, however before I would go spending $50 on the polish, buy an orange pad. And use this with the Megs as like an in-between step. Orange pad will have denser foam and will transfer the power from your DA to the paint more efficiently.

dlc95
04-01-2015, 10:42 PM
They are similar products by design, both intended to slightly cut and polish. The Menz may have a little more bite to it, however before I would go spending $50 on the polish, buy an orange pad. And use this with the Megs as like an in-between step. Orange pad will have denser foam and will transfer the power from your DA to the paint more efficiently.

:iagree:

Microfiber pads also work really well with Ultimate Polish. At least the Rupes variety do.