PDA

View Full Version : Gov Brown announces sweeping new water restriction measures

Pages : [1] 2 3

silverfox
04-01-2015, 01:24 PM
For California's car owners, rinseless and waterless washing will be even more important.

Mike Phillips
04-01-2015, 01:29 PM
Water is going to be an on going problem for California and Nevada as well as a few other states.

You all know the term, Black Gold. It means crude oil.

Here's a new term for the future... Blue Gold.

:)

ryandamartini
04-01-2015, 01:34 PM
Water is going to be an on going problem for California and Nevada as well as a few other states.

You all know the term, Black Gold. It means crude oil.

Here's a new term for the future... Blue Gold.

:)

They should've taken a page from Australia's book years ago and invested in desalination.

I've always thought huge populations in the desert were just a testament to man's ignorance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdg8_g4YIF4

SonOfOC
04-01-2015, 01:40 PM
They should've taken a page from Australia's book years ago and invested in desalination.

Cali has a few existing desalination plants, a billion dollar facility will soon open in San Diego and approximately 12 plants are in proposal.

In the meantime, many counties have restrictions on lawn sprinklers, washing cars, and even filling your pool. A few years ago, city code enforcement gave me a warning for washing my car.

Kamakaz1961
04-01-2015, 01:44 PM
I have changed my way of washing a car to rinseless wash. I do a slightly different spin, however, the jist is a rinseless wash.

There are even car wash monitors to snoop and make sure we are all in compliance. A hose and 2-bucket wash and foam gun is now a no-no.

Santa Barbara is now re-opening their defunct desalination plant. To show you government waste, the project was about 75% done but the community balked at how much they would have to pay for water.....

Oh well, it's just as good as the $26 BILLION high speed rail project from LA to San Francisco. People are gonna flock to that!

I just love liberals!

The Guz
04-01-2015, 03:20 PM
It's been a problem for a long time. Fines are pretty normal if washing or watering on days not designated for water use. I rinseless more often then not so it's not too bad for me to begin with.

04-01-2015, 03:23 PM
Use to WWs now

VP Mark
04-01-2015, 03:26 PM
It's a completely solvable problem, the certain political mindsets among the populace just won't accept it.

Desalination. There are literally trillions of gallons of water begging to be used, but very little being done about it.

Kamakaz1961
04-01-2015, 03:34 PM
It's a completely solvable problem, the certain political mindsets among the populace just won't accept it.

Desalination. There are literally trillions of gallons of water begging to be used, but very little being done about it.

Totally agree with you!! Unfortunately Gov Brown would rather spend BILLIONS on the high speed rail to LA and San Fran

Mikertt
04-01-2015, 09:38 PM
I have changed my way of washing a car to rinseless wash. I do a slightly different spin, however, the jist is a rinseless wash.

There are even car wash monitors to snoop and make sure we are all in compliance. A hose and 2-bucket wash and foam gun is now a no-no.

Santa Barbara is now re-opening their defunct desalination plant. To show you government waste, the project was about 75% done but the community balked at how much they would have to pay for water.....

Oh well, it's just as good as the $26 BILLION high speed rail project from LA to San Francisco. People are gonna flock to that!

I just love liberals!

I live in the Bay Area where everything is liberal & progressive. If you even as much as disagree with anything they say, you are labeled a "racist" or "bigot" before you can even give the reason why you disagree. Very unpleasant people to be around to talk about anything that has to do with government. Unfortunately for me, I don't share the idea of living in Utopia.

builthatch
04-01-2015, 09:43 PM

yep. it's a racket.

Kengo123
04-01-2015, 10:05 PM
I thought this was a detailing forum.. not a forum for expert political analyses

Setec Astronomy
04-01-2015, 10:10 PM

yep. it's a racket.

It's not really that simple is it? It takes a large amount of energy to desalinate water, and expensive facilities, which is why it's not routinely done. The San Diego plant which is close to being done cost $1 billion and will only supply 50 million gallons a day...which sounds like a lot except that CA uses 38 BILLION gallons a day.

builthatch
04-01-2015, 10:23 PM
It's not really that simple is it? It takes a large amount of energy to desalinate water, and expensive facilities, which is why it's not routinely done. The San Diego plant which is close to being done cost $1 billion and will only supply 50 million gallons a day...which sounds like a lot except that CA uses 38 BILLION gallons a day.

when you have no water, cheap or otherwise, you have to look at the alternatives. we need water to live. it's good to balk at the expense of old tech desal, but it works and expensive water is better than no water.

CA has plants they don't even use. instead of preempting these dire situations and assure reservoirs and such are filled, meanwhile preserving something that is so limited - natural fresh water - they wait until it's a real emergency and people are desperate.

custmsprty
04-01-2015, 10:27 PM
I thought this was a detailing forum.. not a forum for expert political analyses

:cheers: