PDA

View Full Version : help

fq_22
03-31-2015, 12:17 AM
Been using a HF da but it took a #### on me been eyeing the rupes 21 but that's gonna put a big dent in my pocket. Looking into the torq 10fx any body buy it or try it out?

trekkeruss
03-31-2015, 12:29 AM
I use the Rupes system, but the Duetto. I think the 21 is too big, especially since it uses 7" pads. If you were going with that chassis, IMO the 15 would be a more versatile choice. It still has a huge stroke, but the smaller 6" will handle better.

Mask
03-31-2015, 06:27 AM
Rupes 15 with UHS system is the perfect combo. Use menzerna FG400 or Meg D300 for spot repair :)

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
03-31-2015, 07:19 AM
IMO, I wouldn't even think about the Torq. Sure it looks like a nice machine and probably performs very well but having to switch the machine on and press the + button overtime you turn it on to get to your wanted speed is a waste of time. The digital display is a nice touch but kinda useless.

With it's main competitor the Meguair's MT300, you have a trigger switch to turn it on to get the machine going and when you get it where you want it it has a trigger lock to set the speed. For me this is what I would look for in a machine. Not to mention having the longer style chassis (offered by both) will give better handling over the PC style short chassis.

There's no comparison. Go with the Meguiar's MT300.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/new-car-care-products/89270-meguiar-s-mt300-da-polisher-action.html

ryandamartini
03-31-2015, 08:14 AM
IMO, I wouldn't even think about the Torq. Sure it looks like a nice machine and probably performs very well but having to switch the machine on and press the + button overtime you turn it on to get to your wanted speed is a waste of time. The digital display is a nice touch but kinda useless.

With it's main competitor the Meguair's MT300, you have a trigger switch to turn it on to get the machine going and when you get it where you want it it has a trigger lock to set the speed. For me this is what I would look for in a machine. Not to mention having the longer style chassis (offered by both) will give better handling over the PC style short chassis.

There's no comparison. Go with the Meguiar's MT300.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/new-car-care-products/89270-meguiar-s-mt300-da-polisher-action.html

I used the MT300 in depth and went to the Meguiar's class at detail fest. I have to say when you use their foam discs and backing plates, the MT300 just glides. Very smooth machine. For it's ergonomics, smooth operation, and the price.. Great option for a DA.