PDA

View Full Version : Lessons learned

irvsmith
03-30-2015, 09:24 PM
So I took advantage of a couple hours to continue my buffing skill development. Up till this point I have felt like I am improving the paint but not really having a successful correction across a panel and just isolated spots. Today I slowed my arm speed down dramatically, ensured a full priming of the pad with additional working product, and worked with Ultimate Compound and Ultimate polish. I think I made some real correction. Here are a couple things which have been said before but really sank in today's session.

The pad needs to be fully on the paint and equal pressure on the pad. I was realizing that I would be pushing more in one section of the pad. Not having the pad flat on the panel with equal pressure on the pad I just was not effectively correcting.

The second one which again has been said in the past was giving sufficient pressure to correct. I think I was still being overly cautious when applying pressure. This Volvo paint is hard and so I needed to apply heavy pressure.

I am still learning how to take effective photos of before and after. I find it is easy to take a picture which makes it look beautiful but more challenging to take a picture which accurately shows the state of the imperfections before and after if that make sense.

So here are my before and after a such as they are.
Before - passenger door

After - passenger door

Before - roof

After - roof

03-30-2015, 09:28 PM
Great start! Taking photos does take some practice, I definitely lack in that department especially the 5050 shots...

irvsmith
03-30-2015, 10:05 PM
Thanks!