PDA

View Full Version : What to use on a snowmobile trailer....

chaotik
03-30-2015, 06:31 PM
My boss bought a new snowmobile trailer and noticed how shabby his old , black one looks compared to the new one..... He is one that likes to have his stuff and all of our company trucks looking top notch.

What should I use on it.... It's your basic two axle, all aluminum snowmobile trailer. It's black and the trailer is is good/ excellent shape..... Black just needs some love... Not much shine to it anymore.... Even when it's clean, it just looks dull.

Would like to order something during this current sale.

Thanks

North26
03-30-2015, 06:59 PM
Hello, without pictures I can't give you a solid answer. A lot of trailers (including my boat trailer) are not cleared, just primed then painted. Try washing it first then:

If it is cleared I would find the least visible spot and start with spray wax, see if that helps. If not then cleaner wax... Klasse AIO...M205 etc...But that is a lot of work for a trailer.

If it is not cleared then there is not much to do except a re-paint and clear yourself. I would not sand it to the metal, just scuff up the surface and use aerosol spray then clear.

chaotik
03-30-2015, 07:35 PM
I washed/ waxed it years ago... Believe it's cleared...he just wants it to have a reflection again.... Not that these trailers have that much to begin with