PDA

View Full Version : Foam cannon or foam gun

Pages : [1] 2

SupraBrian
03-29-2015, 08:23 PM
I am in the market to get either one of these. Which would you guys suggest and what brand? I have a John Deere pressure but dont know if I want to break it out for every wash but if it is that much better than a foam gun I will. Any guidance will be appreciated.

ryandamartini
03-29-2015, 08:37 PM
The foam canon is pretty awesome. The foam gun does the job but again, foam canon is awesome. heh.

dsg03gt
03-29-2015, 08:45 PM
I would go with the cannon. I don't use it with every wash. Maybe once a month so breaking out the pressure washer isn't an issue and now that I went to an electric pressure washer I might use it every other wash.

2011 Kona Blue
03-29-2015, 08:46 PM
I am in the market to get either one of these. Which would you guys suggest and what brand? I have a John Deere pressure but dont know if I want to break it out for every wash but if it is that much better than a foam gun I will. Any guidance will be appreciated.

I just recently purchased a Auto Geek foam gun and really happy with it. The bare minimum amount of shampoo you fill with is 2 ounces. The more car shampoo ounces you fill up with, the more foam you will get but: You use a lot of shampoo doing 6 or 8 ounces of car shampoo

Honestly, its not needed. Two ounces of the car shampoo is really all that's needed to foam it up deceant.

The foam cannon does look awesome but I have seen videos of it making crazy amounts of awesome foam. With that said ,no way that thing was filled with just 2 ounces of car shampoo. You using up some serious shampoo to get that crazy foam action on the video.

spiralout462
03-29-2015, 08:47 PM
Cannon hands down! I wouldn't waste my time with a foam gun if you have a pressure washer available.

ryandamartini
03-29-2015, 08:50 PM
I just recently purchased a Auto Geek foam gun and really happy with it. The bare minimum amount of shampoo you fill with is 2 ounces. The more car shampoo ounces you fill up with, the more foam you will get but: You use a lot of shampoo doing 6 or 8 ounces of car shampoo

Honestly, its not needed. Two ounces of the car shampoo is really all that's needed to foam it up deceant.

The foam cannon does kook awesome but I have seen videos of it making crazy amounts of awesome foam. With that said ,no way that thing was filled with just 2 ounces of car shampoo. You using up some serious shampoo to get that crazy foam action on the video.

Not true. Most electric pressure washers for example up to 2000psi use right around 1-1.4 gallons per minute when turned on. The injection of air and subsequent pressurization is what makes the foam go nuts.

I think I would run out of a standard foaming solution first versus a pressurized one of the same volume.

2011 Kona Blue
03-29-2015, 08:50 PM
Just curious but what makes the foam cannon a better, more efficient cleaning tool over the foam gun?

I'm not asking this to be a jerk or to challenge your knowledge. Just trying to learn. 😎 What does the foam cannon do that's so much more benifical to cleaning the car over the foam gun?

2011 Kona Blue
03-29-2015, 08:52 PM
Not true. Most electric pressure washers for example up to 2000psi use right around 1-1.4 gallons per minute when turned on. The injection of air and subsequent pressurization is what makes the foam go nuts.

I think I would run out of a standard foaming solution first versus a pressurized one of the same volume.

Very interesting sir. Thank you for pointing this out to me. Let me ask you this. How many ounces of car shampoo does one use with the foam cannon? What's the minimum reccomended amount?

ryandamartini
03-29-2015, 08:55 PM
Very interesting sir. Thank you for pointing this out to me. Let me ask you this. How many ounces of car shampoo does one use with the foam cannon? What's the minimum reccomended amount?

I guess it depends on what soap you use.

Some people dilute while some use straight soap and let the gun mix. Couple ounces of your favorite well-foaming soap in the container with water is what works for me. I did accidentally use straight soap the other day which also worked.

dsg03gt
03-29-2015, 08:57 PM
I use about 6 ounces in my cannon I would say.

Rsurfer
03-29-2015, 09:02 PM
Just curious but what makes the foam cannon a better, more efficient cleaning tool over the foam gun?

I'm not asking this to be a jerk or to challenge your knowledge. Just trying to learn. �� What does the foam cannon do that's so much more benifical to cleaning the car over the foam gun?

For one, more foam equals more dwell time. Since your using a power washer with the cannon, rinsing with the pw will do a better job than a hose.

FUNX650
03-29-2015, 09:06 PM

I'm not asking this to be a jerk or to challenge your knowledge. Just trying to learn. 😎 What does the foam cannon do that's so much more benifical to cleaning the car over the foam gun?
I find myself at odds with whether a foam cannon,
or a foam gun is....in any way, form, or fashion...
actually beneficial to cleaning a vehicle.

Bob

SupraBrian
03-29-2015, 09:14 PM
How do i figure out what fitting I need for pressure washer?

spiralout462
03-29-2015, 09:15 PM
That is a reasonable question "2011 Kona Blue". Neither one is necessary to keep a clean vehicle, but a foam cannon sure does bring a smile to my face! :) That is pretty much why I use one on occasion. It's just fun.

ryandamartini
03-29-2015, 09:15 PM
I find myself at odds with whether a foam cannon,
or a foam gun is....in any way, form, or fashion...
actually beneficial to cleaning a vehicle.

Bob

I've had similar thoughts.

I'll say that overall I like to do it as it noticeable decreases how fast my wash mitt turns black and needs to go against the grit guard.

Less bend over into the bucket time is a plus for me. I'd say for particularly soiled jobs, it knocks the top layer of dirt off pretty well.

In addition, makes customers' eyes go O.O I also drop some PB Bug Squash into it after some of the road trips which makes it convenient to go by with the Pinnacle brick and take the bugs right off.