PDA

View Full Version : Help, put hole in leather seat

zmanjohn
03-29-2015, 11:04 AM
Need some help and guidance.

I was doing some work a round house and put tools in my pockets. Cleared out all my pockets, so I thought and had to move my car back, well I forgot I had a screwdriver in my pack pocket. So it poked a small triangular shaped hole in my leather seat.

My daily driver has just over 245k miles, but I want to keep it looking good. I don't want the hole to grow and just want to stop it from progressing. Short of putting duck tape over it, is there a leather repair kit that I can use to patch it back? I don't really have experience with leather repair and don't want to spend a lot of money.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill

FUNX650
03-29-2015, 11:08 AM
This may be what you need:
3M Leather & Vinyl Repair Kit, 3M 08579, repair leather tear, repair vinyl seats, leather repair (http://www.autogeek.net/3m-leather-vinyl-kit.html)

Bob

zmanjohn
03-29-2015, 11:13 AM
Thanks for your quick reply Bob,
So upset that I did that. I always check to make sure I don't leave tools in pants pockets.

But it looks like I will need to be placing an order again..

swanicyouth
03-29-2015, 11:22 AM
Honestly, you likely can do this - I know Furniture Clinic has a You Tube video how to do it....

But, there are likely experienced leather professionals in your area who are skilled at this type of work.

It may cost less than you think for a small repair.