PDA

View Full Version : Megs ultimate black trim restorer (AEROSOL)

PA DETAILER
03-28-2015, 08:37 AM
Meguiars Ultimate Black Aerosol Trim Restorer (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-ultimate-black-trim-restorer-aerosol.html)

Product caught my attention on TV. No reviews yet. Any one try it yet?

Evan.J
03-28-2015, 10:06 AM
Ive tried the liquid version and I wasn't too impressed. For the general consumer its not bad but for someone like you Solution Finish is the way to go.

tenblade2001
03-28-2015, 10:41 AM
Very similar to CG Black on Black. I like the B on B for hard to reach areas and engine. Nice finish..pretty good durability. I would have to do a head to head to see how it compares but the price is the same, so why switch.

MPBGT
03-28-2015, 10:44 AM
The commercial is interesting, it claims 100 car wash protection. What I really thought was interesting was they show a jeep in the commercial I saw, with the trim masked with blue painters tape.

I'll try it eventually. I'm currently trying out black wow.

The Guz
03-28-2015, 12:52 PM
I've used it. Here is my review on it.

2015 Ultimate Black Plastic Restorer (Aerosol) Initial Review (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?62544-2015-Ultimate-Black-Plastic-Restorer-%28Aerosol%29-Initial-Review)

I do recommend you mask off any area's you are going to be spraying this. I found it to be a pain to remove it off glass when I got a little over spray on it.

StalkerStang
03-28-2015, 01:41 PM
I'm going to try it this weekend. I bought the 2 pre-soaked sponges because they were cheap and I'm pressed for time. I can't wait for something better to ship, and it seems locally I can't find any good supply places.

Rsurfer
03-28-2015, 01:46 PM
The commercial is interesting, it claims 100 car wash protection. What I really thought was interesting was they show a jeep in the commercial I saw, with the trim masked with blue painters tape.

I'll try it eventually. I'm currently trying out black wow.

Wonder what kind of tape that can go through 100 washes, must be 10X's stronger than duck tape.

Justin at Final Inspection
03-28-2015, 04:07 PM
I have used it with good results. BTW you can spray it into an applicator and apply it that way so no chance of over spray.

PA DETAILER
03-28-2015, 05:38 PM
I've used it. Here is my review on it.

2015 Ultimate Black Plastic Restorer (Aerosol) Initial Review (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?62544-2015-Ultimate-Black-Plastic-Restorer-%28Aerosol%29-Initial-Review)

I do recommend you mask off any area's you are going to be spraying this. I found it to be a pain to remove it off glass when I got a little over spray on it.

:thankyousign: Overall it looks like a great product.

d33p
03-28-2015, 08:37 PM
Does this stuff stay shiny or just a sheen? Streak at all in the rain?

The Guz
03-29-2015, 03:45 AM
I have used it with good results. BTW you can spray it into an applicator and apply it that way so no chance of over spray.

Interesting that you were able to apply it with an applicator. I believe Mike Stoops over at Meguiar's online mentioned it would not take well to an application by applicator. It does look good.

:thankyousign: Overall it looks like a great product.

So far it's doing it's thing and I am happy with it. Just needs a little more prep when applying since it's an aerosol.

Does this stuff stay shiny or just a sheen? Streak at all in the rain?

It does not streak in rain. I posted pics in that thread I provided up above. I will get a photo the next time I wash the car. But it still looks the same as when I initially applied it.