PDA

View Full Version : Forgot half the field?

Pages : [1] 2

Redfireshaker06
03-27-2015, 11:05 AM
Any pictures of more cars? Its like the show field was so big that half of it got forgotten. None of the cars around me made any of the pics. Even the twin red/white cars behind me I haven't seen in any photos yet. Just curious

FUNX650
03-27-2015, 01:04 PM
Any pictures of more cars? Its like the show field was so big that half of it got forgotten. None of the cars around me made any of the pics. Even the twin red/white cars behind me I haven't seen in any photos yet. Just curious

I'm gonna keep my opinions to myself on everything.....

You sound a little miffed.
Care to share why?

Bob

ronkh57
03-27-2015, 01:48 PM
Guess that nobody took pics of his car ??

Of all the love I got in person for my 2015. Not one single picture of it

Redfireshaker06
03-27-2015, 06:18 PM
No. I was around a lot of nice cars. And no photos. Just asking.

Redfireshaker06
03-27-2015, 06:23 PM
Has nothing to do with my car Ron. I didn't get a chance to go around because I was already sick and walking in the heat wasn't helping. Hence why I asked where the rest of the car pics were

SANTA3013
03-27-2015, 08:11 PM
This was my first time to attend Detail Fest and it was great! I have a greater appreciation for AG and the hard working staff. There were hundreds of cars there and there is no way anyone could get pictures of ALL the cars that were there. Here are a few I took. Hope this helps.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd297/Ezriderga/image.jpg3_zps3ft38fe2.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd297/Ezriderga/image.jpg2_zpsx0lomxlx.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd297/Ezriderga/image.jpg4_zpsk5k8hs7c.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd297/Ezriderga/image.jpg5_zpsjbi1hih8.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd297/Ezriderga/image.jpg1_zpsyv0hd6vb.jpg

cardaddy
03-27-2015, 11:35 PM
Not being there, and reading about 500+ cars I was thinking this will make for some killer gallery somewhere. I mean even if they are not in a thread, they *could* all be loaded into a public access gallery.

I don't really see why taking 2~3~5 photos of each vehicle, (or each section of 2~3 vehicles) would have been terribly impossible in 2 days. I've been known to take hundreds of photos of hundreds of vehicles in just a few hours. Shouldn't have been that hard imho. One camera in a few hours could have done the whole lot. Could have less photos of guys standing around looking at product, (and each other) and more of vehicles standing around looking jus' fine. ;) :laughing:

custmsprty
03-27-2015, 11:47 PM
You sound a little miffed.
Care to share why?

Bob

HEHEHEHEHEHE, Bob that's hilarious, actually it's classic. And I was there. Just curious, why didn't the op take and post any pictures?

Yeah and as he said in a later post it was hot. Hey, I've lived in Florida since 1982 and it was HOT! Especially for this early in the spring. 90 degrees out. So that's pretty much why I didn't take many pics either. Luckily my daughter did, but I've already posted those.

custmsprty
03-27-2015, 11:56 PM
Not being there, and reading about 500+ cars I was thinking this will make for some killer gallery somewhere. I mean even if they are not in a thread, they *could* all be loaded into a public access gallery.

I don't really see why taking 2~3~5 photos of each vehicle, (or each section of 2~3 vehicles) would have been terribly impossible in 2 days. I've been known to take hundreds of photos of hundreds of vehicles in just a few hours. Shouldn't have been that hard imho. One camera in a few hours could have done the whole lot. Could have less photos of guys standing around looking at product, (and each other) and more of vehicles standing around looking jus' fine. ;) :laughing:

With all due respect it was 90ish degrees out and hot as heck for March and it would've taken a long time to take just one QUALITY picture each of all those cars, and most of them started leaving on Saturday at 2pm so you don't have all day. But I'll throw this out there, if you promise to take QUALITY pictures of each car as you posted above both days next year and upload all those photos I'll put $200.00 towards your plane ticket and you cover the rest of your expenses. And I'll even buy you dinner Saturday night. I've been wanting to meet and party with you any way. Sound like a good plan?

Redfireshaker06
03-28-2015, 03:01 AM
custmsprty, I barely even made it. I was throwing up all Friday night. Ate something bad I think lol. I couldn't even stand to walk Saturday. But I drove an hour to be there. So I still went, just sat most of the day. If you guys seen me. I was a sweaty mess. :(

custmsprty
03-28-2015, 06:32 AM
custmsprty, I barely even made it. I was throwing up all Friday night. Ate something bad I think lol. I couldn't even stand to walk Saturday. But I drove an hour to be there. So I still went, just sat most of the day. If you guys seen me. I was a sweaty mess. :(

I hear yeah. My biggest mistake was going in the enclosed vendor tent later in the day, that was a sweat box. It was all downhill after that.

ronkh57
03-28-2015, 07:38 AM
It's Florida, it's supposed to be sunny and beautiful. As the license says, always summer.

There were some shaded/fanned areas, such as the "lounge" area, even though it was open air, it had a tent for shade, and some fans.

I for one am grateful for the show every year (been going since 2009), it has always been a great time. (for me anyway) Maybe since I go a lot, I realize the time/work and effort it takes them to put this together, and the fact that the AG staff always takes time to stop and talk and to try and make it an enjoyable time.

So maybe next year Meghan needs to arrange with mother nature to turn down the temp and the beautiful sunshine, or maybe move the show to lets say Minn.

Redfireshaker06
03-28-2015, 07:46 AM
Yup Ron, that's exactly what I said....

custmsprty
03-28-2015, 08:31 AM
Nah, I'll take the heat any day over Minnesota, my cousins live there, I don't know how they do it. Brrrrrrrr. Heck it's snowing again right now in Boston, they have to be wondering if winter is ever going to give them a break. It's 53 in Tampa right now high 60's today. We're heading to the St. Petersburg Grand Prix tomorrow, low 70's, that's what we call chamber of commerce weather. :dblthumb2:

ronkh57
03-28-2015, 08:58 AM
Nah, I'll take the heat any day over Minnesota, my cousins live there, I don't know how they do it. Brrrrrrrr. Heck it's snowing again right now in Boston, they have to be wondering if winter is ever going to give them a break. It's 53 in Tampa right now high 60's today. We're heading to the St. Petersburg Grand Prix tomorrow, low 70's, that's what we call chamber of commerce weather. :dblthumb2:

Cold in Englewood too. High of 68.

Half the "walkers" are wearing coats.