PDA

View Full Version : Does IronX go bad?

Texchappy
03-26-2015, 10:36 PM
Had a tiny bit of IronX left over from when I used it on a used car I bought about three years ago. I tried it on my wife's brand new Lincoln and my new to me '08 MINI; neither showed any color change. It doesn't help that both are black.

It would be a good sign if both are iron-contaminant free but before I accept that (or have to buy more IronX) I want to see if it's possible that what I have isn't just 'bad'.

conman1395
03-26-2015, 10:47 PM
Did you use it on the wheels?

Texchappy
03-26-2015, 10:50 PM
paint

conman1395
03-26-2015, 11:37 PM
If you have any left, try it on the rims. It'll show if you have silver rims.

oldmodman
03-27-2015, 03:07 AM
I bought a big jug of the original Iron-X when it came out and it works just fine. And it has been kept in a cabinet in my garage, not in the house.

And it hasn't lost any of it's terrible stink either. But it sure does a great job of removing rail dust on a cars surface.

Texchappy
03-27-2015, 09:35 AM
Ordered some Ferrous Dueller to give it a go. Maybe out here in a West Texas we doing have much industrial fallout.

Bill1234
03-27-2015, 10:25 AM
I actually tried a recommendation to dilute some and it did in fact work. So I do not know about it going bad, but maybe it could or just lose strength overtime?

dpk20x
03-27-2015, 11:16 AM
Had a tiny bit of IronX left over from when I used it on a used car I bought about three years ago. I tried it on my wife's brand new Lincoln and my new to me '08 MINI; neither showed any color change. It doesn't help that both are black.

It would be a good sign if both are iron-contaminant free but before I accept that (or have to buy more IronX) I want to see if it's possible that what I have isn't just 'bad'.

Do you have any more of the old bottle left?

Not sure if it goes bad or not but I do know that you're not gonna see any color change on a black vehicle.

Maybe just do a quick test spot on one of your wheels. Or maybe do a spray on a random white vehicle in a parking lot, lol