PDA

View Full Version : Clarification please, WG DG Sealant

StalkerStang
03-26-2015, 07:44 PM
I can't seem to find the best or clearest answer regarding prepping the paint for this product. Some areas I have read say no prep is needed after polishing, some say to use a pre-wax cleanser, and others to do a IPA wipe. The IPA wipe seems a use at your own risk situation.

What I have done and to what. A black 99' GT Mustang, using a DA with an orange pad with Meg 105, will be doing a round of Meg 205 with a white pad this weekend. Other than clearing the paint of obvious compound and polish residue, what should I do to get this thing ready for the sealant?

Will the 205 leave anything behind that will prevent the sealant from adhering to the paint?

The biggest hurdle I am facing right now is time. If I need a pre-wax cleanser, I have to find something local (Phoenix) as I do not have the time to wait for something to ship. I'm trying to get the sealant done this weekend.

Thanks.

FUNX650
03-26-2015, 08:14 PM
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant is one of my
favorite Sealant-LSPs!

My WDGPS Application Process:
-I make sure there are no Wax(es) on the vehicle surfaces...
Polishing (such as, with: M205) takes care of that.

-Afterwards: I don't use any type of "panel-wipe"...
I just go ahead and thinly apply a film layer of WDGPS.

-I then allow a minimum of 12 hours of moisture-free cure time.

Hope this helps.

Bob

StalkerStang
03-27-2015, 12:44 AM
Thanks for the reply, I'm glad to hear you have great results following the 205.

I look forward to see how the WG sealant turns out on my GT. Thanks again!

tpr1634
04-01-2015, 04:45 PM
I just used it for the first time I use and love 845. I did my spring detail on my wife's 2008 sable which we bought new and its in very good condition. I washed then stripped with CG citrus red, I hope it worked. I used the nanoskin wash mitt followed by Wolfgang finishing glaze, I used my PC with megs microfiber pads with good results. I really like the way it goes on and off, the only negative thing is the 12 hour cure window when it comes to my truck which will not fit in the garage. If I can get the same life cycle as I do from 845 I will be happy. Planning on doing my truck I will do 2 coats which is what I put on the car. As far as the look you can use any of the buzz words but just as pleasing as Collinite 845.

VroomVroom
04-01-2015, 05:35 PM
DGPS is such an awesome product. I think of it as a sealant that looks like a wax. I too apply after polishing with M205, but I will do a quick ONR mist/wipedown if there's significant dusting. In recent years I've read that oil residue from M205 can shorten the life of an LSP, but I've honestly not experienced that.

Krwtek1
04-01-2015, 10:19 PM
WGDGPS is my go to lsp. Application process is, correct defects, finish polish, apply DGPS. Done. Its a great product top it with your favorite wax if you want to after the 12 hour cure time.

StalkerStang
04-02-2015, 03:30 AM
I'll try to get some pics this weekend, but I did 2 coats of the sealant and I really was happy with the whole process. Put it on with a blue pad on my DA, and took it off by hand.

I'll be applying WG Fusion wax hopefully this weekend. The car has been in the garage for nearly 3 weeks now.

I feel ya on the truck situation, I would love to do this to my 07' F150 as well but it too will not fit in my garage.

Zubair
04-11-2015, 07:32 AM
I use Megs Ultimate Polish-similar to 205 and follow it up with WGDGPS 3.0 successfully. Its an awesome sealant that plays well with all products I have used. It leaves a nice finish on its own but if I want to change the look weeks or months later I just top it with a single layer of one of my favourite waxes. Most of the time I just leave it on its own.